Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been living and breathing this program for 25+ years. It’s going to be tough, but I need to find a way to take a hiatus from following this so closely (UT football in general, not just the coaching search).

It’s going to be so much better for my mental health, and family as well.
agreed

Alright I’m not buying it. If it were Heupel someone in the big media would have reported it as well. So far nothing. It’s been over 2 hours since AP spewed his garbage. DW by all accounts is a master at this stuff. @Atlanta VOL even said he’s legit.
I want to believe that but ATL vol is no where to be found. Which makes me think this Heupel stuff is legit.

Somebody who likes Heupel rationalize to me why his team has gotten worse and sucked out loud this year.
10 opt-outs, Covid year, no offseason, etc. You can't really assess his abilities as a head coach with such a small dataset. He's only been there 3 years, and 1 year was obviously Covid. First year was undefeated, and the second year (IIRC) he lost his star QB and still had a very impressive season. Personally, I'd like to see what he'd have done with 5 or 6 seasons at that level.

But he's still consistently produced on the offensive side of the ball everywhere he's been. There's enough data to show that, at multiple levels. There's possibility if you pair him with a strong DC that we could field some good teams. But as we've discussed ad nauseam, hiring a head coach is a crap shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back