Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You also have to point out the reasons why they lost so many close games...

The team always has a zillion penalties and the QB has been allowed to throw games away with zero consequences.

I know this, if Heupel is the choice, that means EVERYONE basically said no.
Freeze, Chadwell and Kiffin didnt say no.

Not mad at Huepel. Decent hire if really no one was interested.

Just if DW just hired the guy from his last job, we didn't need him to do that. Why are we paying him 2m if he can't get us any better than Currie could get?
Maybe because because he's really good at his job and this isn't the only single, solitary thing he does during his tenure at UT...

Reactions: OrangenSC
I don't know if it's Heupul or not but his teams put up points, which would be a welcome change from what we have had. If it is Heupul I really don't see the point of self-reporting, should have just fired Pruitt after A&M.
We had no choice but to report, everyone knew what we were doing. I had someone tell me in April

Getting fired within 4 or 5 seasons. If he comes in and goes 5-7, 8-5, 9-4, 10-3 and then continue with 9-3 and 8-4 seasons I don’t think he’ll be a failure. Great results definitely not but also not a failure. Now if he goes 5-7, 6-6, 6-6 then yea I’d consider that a fail
I have a hard time seeing him get past that 8 win mark. Thats why I want to define failure.
Year 1: 5-7 recruiting 17
Year 2: 6-6 recruiting 15
Year 3 7-5 recruiting 15
Year 4 8-4 recruiting 19
Year 5 8-4 recruiting 24
Then what do you do?

Reactions: yabo
I'm just tired of of the over-promising and under-delivering. Why even set criteria if you don't even come close to delivering on it? Heupel might be okay, IF he is indeed the hire, but we were promised better by our so-called leaders. They failed if Heupel IS the hire. You can't argue around that. They set the criteria. It wasn't the fans.
The only criteria I’m aware of that’s been said is integrity, trust and moral compass. Pretty sure he checks all those boxes unless I missed a few.

Reactions: Sleegro
Also how does Danny White get this 2 million dollar gig to just get a guy he’s already hired once? That’s kinda lame... if he truly had the blessing to run it his way he should have just hired Hugh and been seen as a god. Not to mention Freeze would win.
Tennessee doesnt care about winning. They dont.

Just talked to my buddy that is real close with the UCF staff for obvious reasons and they just got off the phone with the OC and he said its a Tenn rumor. The staff would be shocked it it happened but he also said the rumor is getting bigger and bigger so they are receiving a lot of calls. Again he would be shocked if it happened

I’ll happily eat crow, but I’m not buying any of this. No Executive says the things DP & RB said just to let their new Home Run hire practice cronyism. This smells funny and if true reflects panic, unprofessional behavior and laziness. Think about it. They cannot stand in front of a camera and sell this hire with a straight face. I just don’t believe it’s anything more than misdirection at this point. Otherwise, DP, RB & DW will never have any credibility ever again. I just don’t think they’d risk that.
But it's everywhere. This Heupel guy is in on smokescreening?

I am gonna at least watch the guy coach here before I go bashing the whole place down. Heck he may turn out to be a grand slam. If not hopefully he can get us a on some better footing for down the road. I think we could have done a lot worse if he indeed is the hire.

UT needs to leak a play by play to a reporter to explain how we got here. Tell us we swung big and missed because Pruitt put us in a hole.

Tell us Campbell and Fickell weren't interested, Kiffin was playing us and Franklin wouldn't commit.

I need to know that this guy was the best of a bunch of bad options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back