Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
JH (not saying he’s a bad hire... I honestly don’t know anything about him) would be the absolute opposite of what DW was hired to bring in.
it would be the fallback hire to the nth degree. It yells out loud “I just stepped into the big leagues and got dusted to I’m bringing in a crony”

it almost feels like it has to be a planted leak

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I can't imagine he would put together a staff that can go toe to toe with our rivals. This is really, really underwhelming. I'm really at a loss. I don't have anything against Huepel, and I want to back this but I'm going to need some time, all I can say is he better be cheap, I can't imagine paying him more than 2.5 to 3 m a year.
If it's true (and it sounds like it is) that nobody of stature will touch this program with a ten foot pole, what does an AD do?

So...I’ve cooled off, looking at this it would not be terrible AS LONG AS we make the right hires. If we can bring Lebby in as the OC/QB coach, maybe retain Osevolt and Graham, then keep Steele and Gardner and invest in more good defensive players, I think there’s a chance he could do decent here. I worry about recruiting however, but hopefully Steele and Lebby could pick up the slack, as well as hopefully decent results on the field

Bob Vols just now:
First, I got 100 messages and over a 100 notifications so sorry I’m not going to get to all.
On Heupel, ink isn’t dry but I’m told that is the direction it’s going and I feel confident he will be the next coach. Press conference tomorrow at 3:00pm is tentatively scheduled. That could be fluid.
Heupel is 28-8 and a brilliant offensive mind and QB coach. He will score points. He put up big numbers as Mizzou’s OC. He knows the SEC landscape. He won a Heisman (insert Weinke jokes, i know). His players love him and he is a good recruiter. Considering all the coaches we vetted and didn’t get good returns this is a good hire imo. You all need to understand where we are as a program right now with sanctions coming. This is not an attractive job. We offered big money to some candidates. I trust Danny White until he gives me a reason not to. This is a good hire. We will score points.
I do believe he will bring Lebby but nothing is set in stone. His defensive hires will be extremely important and something to watch. I do believe he will retain Joe Osovet as his WR coach and possibly Jay Graham as his RB coach.
Does Steele stay or does Lebby bring Randy Shannon who has SEC experience?
Absolutely false. His offense, with the players we have will not perform in the SEC. And our recruiting is gonna be absolutely terrible then the offense will get even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back