Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owner of Saturday down south said he’s hearing everyone said no and we’re announcing Steele as permanent head coach tomorrow

I'm not a betting man, but I would feel OK with 10 to 1 odds against me that it will not be Steele tomorrow. The only way they would give up that soon is if they really, truly felt that he was the best man for the job. Even then, I think they would do a few more interviews just to be sure. I think he is the diversion, but I guess we will find out tomorrow.

I feel confident saying no deal is done as of tonight, so if Volzown is confident something happens soon, I believe that means he thinks he knows who is going to get the offer.

I don’t believe Elliott is out and I don’t believe he’s been told anything by UT either way.

Long story short, we’re still doing our due diligence. Maybe we’re waiting to interview new candidates, maybe we’re waiting for Donde and Randy to interview the candidate White has selected, maybe they’ve got all the information they need and a decision discussion is planned for tonight or tomorrow. I don’t know.

The only thing that seems steadfast to me is we chased Franklin and now that it seems like he’s out, we’re still plotting our next move.

Seems like to me if Franklin is out for sure we wouldn’t be sitting around “plotting our next move”. The next move was already plannned imo

I hope our fanbase doesn’t turn on White. He has been thrown into an unfair situation. In the long run I bet he fixes a lot of major problems at UT, but it’s not realistic to expect a rabbit out of a hat.
If you go all in on a guy that you know a very large portion of the fanbase absolutely loathes,...then you have to accept the danger of getting absolutely burnt at the stake if/when it goes sideways.

He is a shrewd guy, and Franklin is a good coach, so he has a decent good chance of it working out record wise...but that's a lot of money for averaging 8-9 wins a year, and if he doesn't win seven next year and compete with the big three, even people who want Franklin now are going to turn on them both big time.

If you are not happy with a 10 win season and you are a fan of anyone besides OSU, Bama, Clemson or Oklahoma right now. You need to find something else to do.

I think its fine to be happy with generic 10 win season and also fine to be unhappy with a specific 10 win season. Vols should have won a bunch of games in 2012 and 2016. I think its fine to expect to beat 1 to 2 rivals in a good year with the Stars aligned.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
I think its fine to be happy with generic 10 win season and also fine to be unhappy with a specific 10 win season. Vols should have won a bunch of games in 2012 and 2016. I think its fine to expect to beat 1 to 2 rivals in a good year with the Stars aligned.
It’s one thing to be disappointed with a 10 win season.... i guess..... but to raise hell is just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back