Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Numbing to think Herman's name isn't above Elliott, Dykes, Chadwell, Leipold, etc.

I cannot understand. And will not understand.

Would be a homer at this point.

You do realize that players go to Clemson because of Dabo and the Clemson brand and not Elliott right? Players go to bama for Saban, not Pruitt. At a certain point, the school and HC sell themselves

You don't think who the OC is has no influence at all? You don't think kids get recruited by specific coaches? Come on, that's a very short-sighted way to view it.

There is a definitive jump made when he took over play calling. If you can't see it, can't help you.
You're still missing the point, He was never the man in the building and you don't know how he would handle that here in the big boy league. There was a significant jump when Pruitt called plays at his stops.

I logged back in just to say after seeing your post...I was just thinking about him yesterday and wondering what has happened to him. I hope he is ok and just sick of this place...

He just posted in this thread.

Ha!
I force myself to look at them often as a reminder/warning.

("Them" - there's one I took after the, umm, meat sutures but before the staples. Another unfortunate look at how we're put together. For science of course)

Reactions: jakez4ut
CO OC with Jeff Scott

Clemson was 42-11 with Chad Morris when they turned the corner, so what
It's hard to argue that Clemson hasn't been more dominant under Elliot's guidance than Morris's. They were a really good team in the Morris years but they've been Saban level during the Elliot years.

And neither is Elliott. Sure he spends more time with the players than Dabo, but would he have the caliber of talent to compete if it wasn’t for Dabo? Does he specifically develop the RBs, QBs, etc or do the position coaches. Yes he may develop the game plan but he wouldn’t be near as successful if they had our talent level... in a rougher conference.
He develops the RB, which is arguably Cle.son's best position. Would he have the talent maybe not, but could he get the talent. Elliott already has in roads with top guys across the nation, and almost certainly lands us Ty Simpson. Steele is also a good DC who has in roads with Elite talent all over the south as well. You go down a road where its Chadwell and I feel confident in saying he would have a hard time even getting kids to pick up the phone and listen. You think Walter Nolan knows who a Jamey Chadwell is?

Reactions: CharlestonVol15
No need to hide evidence. Few schools find it productive to dig, dig, dig to find more evidence of more violations to burn more people and put the program in a deeper hole than where it all started. Most schools take the middle ground-- investigate the initial allegations internally, self-report, self-impose and go about their business while the case is queued for years until the NCAA gets around to reviewing it without evidence they have no resources or inclination to find.
It's hard to believe that Fulmer & Pruitt weren't given the option to just walk away without any further investigation, am I wrong.

Reactions: Hardy
Agreed. But if we're so far down the HC list that we're considering mediocrity, I'd rather bet on a potential future superstar. Also, it can't be overstated how well Elliot would recruit. He would be head and shoulders above what we've enjoyed the last few coaches. I think he can pull top 5 classes right away.
He does have the “I’ve coached x,y,z” players pitch going for him. My fear is that Pruitt did as well having been at GA, FSU, and Bama. An OC hire is better than a DC but I just can’t get on board with a coordinator maybe having success and maybe not. If we’re this far down the list (fingers crossed we aren’t) I’d rather hire Chadwell because of the HC experience and having the native Tennessean thing going for him. Might help draw in state talent that we’ve been hemorrhaging.

Not only are they okay with doing it again... They will do it after publicly telling you they won't do it. Hahahaha they gonna hire the best available coach. What a load of cat turds.
I would much rather have a HC that puts up points at a G5 than a coordinator at a powerhouse football program. As much as we hate Lyle Jones he put up points and we actually had some fun years with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back