Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still trying to figure out the logic of whacking the hornet’s nest with our own stick. Everybody else that’s been doing the same thing we have is going to be trying to burn documents faster than the American embassy in Tehran so they don’t face the same consequences.

No need to hide evidence. Few schools find it productive to dig, dig, dig to find more evidence of more violations to burn more people and put the program in a deeper hole than where it all started. Most schools take the middle ground-- investigate the initial allegations internally, self-report, self-impose and go about their business while the case is queued for years until the NCAA gets around to reviewing it without evidence they have no resources or inclination to find.

Money alone isn't going to buy our way out of this. UT is a hornet's nest, admin just whacked it with a big stick, the NCAA will take another swing and some coaches don't want to get caught up in the swarm. Trying to buy guys who really don't want to be at UT likely leads to more instability.

Right now, UT has incompatible goals. Moving forward means reconciling that
well said.

Reactions: NMVol and LA Vol
You can’t interview someone in Oxford. They would find out.
fxZ9.gif

I would argue this is just about the perfect time to hire someone like Chadwell. He's going to have a built-in excuse the first couple of years if things don't get going right away.

"Well all the good players transferred." "Pruitt wasn't developing any of these guys." "There are scholarship reductions, he can't compete right now." "COVID really stunted spring practice." "We've got a two year post-season ban how could he get his guys to play hard when there's nothing to play for?"

The list goes on and on and on.
I think you can apply Chadwell, Elliot, or really anyone here. Hopefully they look at it as extended job security.

No need to hide evidence. Few schools find it productive to dig, dig, dig to find more evidence of more violations to burn more people and put the program in a deeper hole than where it all started. Most schools take the middle ground-- investigate the initial allegations internally, self-report, self-impose and go about their business while the case is queued for years until the NCAA gets around to reviewing it without evidence they have no resources or inclination to find.
Do you think they could've gotten Fulmer out without doing what they did?

I mean it does look really bad to leave a day before of day of NSD. Also looks bad to leave day after lol. Kind of pick your poison. I think some prefer to leave after as at least your school can hold on to players. What does help is not as many kids even still out there with early signing period

significantly worse to leave after, IMO. Plus with early signing day, most of the classes are already locked in anyways these days.

Reactions: Squoshua17
Yeah he's been the most "accurate" person during this search on VN.

And he never claimed to be an insider. Says he has a friend who is connected to the process and then nags his friend. He's been pretty forthcoming that he is relaying what he finds out but it is often incomplete and there is more.he doesn't know.
I actually trust them and their intentions.

I think you can apply Chadwell, Elliot, or really anyone here. Hopefully they look at it as extended job security.
I think people are going to be pretty stunned by the contract if we hire Chadwell or Elliott or anyone on that level.

We're going to have to pay more than they're worth and make the contract really favorable.

I think people are going to be pretty stunned by the contract if we hire Chadwell or Elliott or anyone on that level.

We're going to have to pay more than they're worth and make the contract really favorable.

We’re going to have to overpay no matter who we hire. The question is do you feel Better about paying say 5 mil for a guy that should cost 3... or 9 million for a guy that should cost 7. I really don’t care what the money or contract looks like at this point. Just ready to see what direction we’re going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back