Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennessee offered Franklin pretty big money. His current salary is $5.5 million per year, and it’s safe to say Tennessee’s discussions with him involved a salary at least in the $7 million to $8 million range. We’ve heard more about it possibly being $8 million a year, although I can’t say for certain that that’s accurate.

- Callahan

Complete BS. NCAA sanctions, dysfunctional internal issues are our big deterrent. We’ve let money people call the shots and everyone has their hands in every hire. Stop with the fan bs.
No, he's right. Fanbase negativity is a huge issue for coaches. You don't want to step into a hornet's nest. I've heard this from coaches on multiple staffs.

Now, I'm not saying Tennessee fans don't have the right to be negative. I'm as negative as anyone. But coaches notice it and won't leave a good thing for a bad thing just because the money is better.

Complete BS. NCAA sanctions, dysfunctional internal issues are our big deterrent. We’ve let money people call the shots and everyone has their hands in every hire. Stop with the fan bs.
Yeah seriously. The fanbase is what makes this job elite. We've supported this team despite the decade of incompetence. Literally multiple level 1 and 2 violations to get 3 wins.

It could easily be the reason Franklin says/said no. he’s already making huge money and doesn’t want to deal with people trying to Schiano his hire

honestly if that is the reason a coach wouldnt come here, then he's probably not HC material, especially in the SEC. If you think we are bad, can you imagine the coach that follows Saban?

If we are having trouble attracting quality coaches, it could be that they value their future employment more than an extra $2MM/year. This place is toxic and the odds of permanently damaging your cachet are high. May not be worth an extra $2MM.

chadwell or elliot?
Elliott in this example, but I believe the bolded part for both.

We hired Kiffin because he recruited well and scored a ton of points at USC - and he wasn't calling plays there. The Raiders stuff was seen as a negative against him.

You hire Elliott because he recruits well and puts up a ton of points at Clemson.

You can say it all you want but it is true. We are being laughed at by P5 staffs
Please name them. Then I’ll name staffs that would die to come here. Fans are not the issue. And anyone who believes that is completely out of touch. This would be like a CEO/President making bad business decisions and then blaming the employees for it not working out and the business failing.

Chadwell would win the press conference and any negativity would vanish for a solid 7.5 months. Then all he has to do is pull off one upset win in 2021 and he's a hero. 7-5 in year 2 and he's safe again. Expectations are actually fairly low right now.

I may be Exhibit A on this. But I think we just want to see improvement on the field. After Pruitt's first year, I had told a number of people I expected us to be more competitive the second year, but it might not show up in the record. In year 2, the record was better, but we actually didn't improve that much. That's the key for me. Improvement year to year. The record will take care of itself if we see continuous improvement. But if that's not there, you have to cut your losses and move on quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back