Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is not a whale name, but wouldn't Billy Napier be a pretty damn good hire and they've made sure to keep his name out of the mix in the media when early on you would think that would be a big push?

From Cookeville, TN.
Played at Furman close by
QB and offensive minded
Recruits the South
Coached at Clemson and Alabama as assistant
Has taken Louisiana to 3 straight division championships
Beat Iowa St this year
Has a low salary

Not saying he is the whale if that truly happens but I could see him having been a top candidate from the start and all this other stuff being a diversion.

Media would certainly say it was a good hire
IMO...he may be the #2.

I know this is not a whale name, but wouldn't Billy Napier be a pretty damn good hire and they've made sure to keep his name out of the mix in the media when early on you would think that would be a big push?

From Cookeville, TN.
QB and offensive minded
Recruits the South
Beat Iowa St this year
Has a low salary

Not saying he is the whale if that truly happens but I could see him having been a top candidate from the start and all this other stuff being a diversion.

He’s not really “from Cookeville” just born there. He’s from Chatsworth but his dad and family are from Celina.

From Cookeville, TN.
QB and offensive minded
Recruits the South
Beat Iowa St this year
Has a low salary

No. Wants Saban type control of the program. We just tried that. Also would probably leave us in half a second for LSU

Franklin consistently has Penn State playing better defense than their offense. Not really an offensive minded coach.
They struggled this season, but they had the 15th ranked offense in 2019. 7th in 2017. They have been way up there every season minus this one and they were still 50 spots higher than us.

I would love a Franklin hire. He's a great coach that has really elevated both programs he has been at. Plus I have complete faith in Danny White's ability to vet a candidate, so I trust his evaluation of the past allegations against Franklin
I get what you're saying but I just wouldn't be able to get on board with that hire

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
The fact that we have people who will “riot” over almost any hire says a lot about the delusion of our fan base.
I will not riot, because I don't believe that solves anything. I will however not go to another Tennessee game, I will not watch it on TV or buy or wear anymore Tennessee gear. I will become even more apathetic than I currently am. I will put my interests into something more meaningful, that gives me hope and happiness.

Im just a lurker and dont post much but thank you all for the entertainment. I just got off my 12hr shift and get to stay up all day waiting on a new hvac system to be installed.

Im almost glad i have to stay awake today!

Edit: btw i want to choke the life out of everyone that has used the name JF in the last 12hrs.
Is @BruinVol at the front of the line?

J/k bruin. 🤣

Dumb statement. That would be like me proclaiming you're okay with rape. My reasons for believing he's complicit has nothing to do with what happened on the field.
Right. I think a lot of you have convinced yourself that's true. Yet no one outside the state of Tennessee seems to have a problem reading the statement from the prosecution (who has no loyalty to JF) and understanding that he didn't do anything.

Tennessee either has some obsession with making rape allegations against innocent people, or it is personal with Franklin.

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
Man! @mrmax86 is going to be busy with all these James Franklin mentions! Oh snap, I’m going to be ignored now. 🤦🏼‍♂️
I have been very careful to not actually say his name when talking about him. So I think I'm safe. But everyone else is toast. I'm pretty sure his feed will just be my posts now so I guess I gotta step up and keep him informed.

So no real answer to who it would look horrible to?

I gave you the answer. It would look horrible to the national media & most of the fanbase. Do I care about their opinion? No. But, it doesn't change the fact you'd have Pat Forde and Dan Wolken writing articles in less than 24 hours about how we threw Schiano under the bus for an "unsubstantiated rumor" because he is a bad coach, but were quick to accept Franklin.

You act like Franklin has won 3 national titles and 10 Big 10 championships. He isn't special. We'd be just as well off with P.J. Fleck who comes with ZERO baggage and is universally loved and respected by people.

Never said Vol fans would or did but it's a real thing. And it happens because people don't care to look for facts or proof. My point is it's incredibly stupid to believe something about a person without concrete proof.
So you walk around in life with no opinion of anybody without a FBI dossier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back