Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's more to coaching football than looking at win percentages. I would never hire Mike Vrabel to be a DC. He's a helluva head coach though. I woulda told you to lay off the dope if you said Dabo would establish a dynasty when he was hired as HC. Looking at Saban's record at michigan state you would never say he would eventually be the greatest cfb of all time.

It's more complicated than we make it out to be and I'm glad we have someone competent with a history of making good hires as our AD.
Yeah. Agreed. But you can't get 100+ pages a day on pure logic...

How do they both were deemed great coordinators but it’s not really that difficult with all them 4 & 5 stars they take in
Pruitt was the bag man. There is a reason Bama was the only place he stayed at for multiple years. There were 100 red flags for him including the lack of job offers.
Elliott is lauded nationally and has turned down multiple offers including the NFL. Completely different scenarios.

Uhhhh... you didn't just suggest we have an AD mentor our HC? We tried that with a coach that won a national championship, and it failed miserably. Sure don't need it with someone that just said he is not a coach.
I think he might mean in terms of having all the resources necessary to be successful... Not white sitting in on film sessions...😜

Tn will not go after coaches that would walk to knoxville to be here like Freeze or Lane. Instead they target coaches that not to many people want to see on Tn sideline. Fleck,Elliott, Dykes etc. Campbell I would take but these other names does nothing for me. White has not been here 48 hours and they have already brainwashed him. Expect somebody nobody wants.

Uhhhh... you didn't just suggest we have an AD mentor our HC? We tried that with a coach that won a national championship, and it failed miserably. Sure don't need it with someone that just said he is not a coach.
Umm — yea. I did. A great AD SHOULD mentor the head coach. That’s his job.

I‘m not talking about play calling or game management. This is about media, university, and booster relations and leadership skills. We’ve lacked that kind of mentor at the AD position for over a decade.

I've missed like 30-40pages going out for beers. Did I miss anything. I read a page of arguing. Not sure if it's more of the same or if we have a report of something real

Yeah but the fact that Freeze & Kiffin both was asking for the job but we’re too damn proud or got our heads up our azz acting like they were untouchable due to their character as if our character has been spotless
Not all of us spazz out over those two overhyped attention whores..they both have some good points and bad points..

Look...like it or not, Donde can't get up in front of the whole world and declare that we are GOING to be a "Beacon of integrity" from now..and then hire one of those two dudes. You will never hear the word "integrity" associated with either of them unless it is to point out their shared lack of it.

Hate to break it to you, but pretty sure Eliott turned down Whites offer at UCF lol
He did. He's said for a long time he wasn't ready and wanted to keep learning and wait til he's ready and had the right opportunity. I don't think he's ever even accepted an invite to interview anywhere. He's declined interviews at multiple SEC programs and NFL teams.

Tn will not go after coaches that would walk to knoxville to be here like Freeze or Lane. Instead they target coaches that not to many people want to see on Tn sideline. Fleck,Elliott, Dykes etc. Campbell I would take but these other names does nothing for me. White has not been here 48 hours and they have already brainwashed him. Expect somebody nobody wants.
How do we know they would walk here. Saban wasn't allowed to hire Freeze why would TN be? Kiffin just likes attention, he was never leaving Ole Miss.
Elliott is loved nationally and has turned down many oppurtunties

I've missed like 30-40pages going out for beers. Did I miss anything. I read a page of arguing. Not sure if it's more of the same or if we have a report of something real
We have a confirmed non confirmation from an anonymous poster that Elliott is definitely the hire. And he don't care what you think.

You don’t pay an AD $1.8M per year to let the fans hire a coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back