Jordan Horston

She just has to grow up some more and learn that when you have the off nights shooting there are many other ways you can help your team win and not just shut down and do nothing, just like the freshman star on U Conn's team last night. She had a bad night scoring but did a lot of other things well.

I was impressed with the Lady Vols yesterday.Played with passion and just got overcome by a little better team at the end.If Kelly can keep stocking her roster with talent she can make a move. SC has become the top team in US,for now!
I was impressed as well, I do not think she was over coached, we just need a point guard really bad and hopefully she will recruit a great one

In 23 minutes, she was 1-11 field goals....
0-2 for 3 point shots....
4 turnovers....
Total 2 points for the night...

Sorry guys, I'm not going to cheer for that...She's a sweet girl, but she had a horrendous night on the hardwood....

Who do you see cheering for that? what you see is people supporting her and recognizing her potential.

Make sure you keep that same energy if Ms Pissott (the one you drool over)has an off shooting night

This game just has to be chalked up to the "learning curve." She will bounce back better and wiser.
I totally agree...her game has already transformed from last year...She got a good taste of the old school "RIVALRY ENERGY" last night...How players will step up for this game, over the other games...The ladies did a great job last night in bringing back the LadyVol punch-back [which i haven't seen in 10yrs]...Can hardly wait for next year's class to blend in with this one...Way to go ladies and coaching staff...LVFL 🧡🏀

I'm sure it will serve as motivation.

Kellie said it best in the presser when she said losing like this can either defeat you or make you work that much harder...and that it is "our choice" which path to take. She was challenging the entire program to use these close, winnable losses as motivation to get better. Like that she was saying that the team controls how good they can be, not external forces and outsiders.

Sometimes it's hard to get that rhythm, my girl mojo was
off, I can live with that. The game was highly competitive
and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Scared the B devil out of Geno who acts like these game dont mean shipt because he fears and knows he can lose to Kelly. My only desire is that Rennia start playing like one of the top two players in the upcoming WNBA draft.
This team also need to start feeding off of Sugar Rae as their leading scorer and make her the point of focus on the offensive
end of the floor. Sugar is fearless.
This team is awesome cause Kelly is awesome and she's not Holly . Everyone who watched Pat grow into the LEGEND supreme should be blessed also to be watching
Coach Kelly grow into her legacy.
Can you imagine if Westbrook ,Mass and others havent bailed and dug in like Rennia, this team would be fire.
Well , boot the rats who thought the ship would sink and jumped ship , this here team have my heart ablazing. (Ohio Players song " Fire" playing in the background ) .

It isn't just this game, her entire season has been a disappointment. Horston is a great talent but an incredibly fragile player mentally and emotionally, ill-equipped to play the point on a long term basis. And it isn't all her fault, Kellie has done her no favors by putting her in that position...

It isn't just this game, her entire season has been a disappointment. Horston is a great talent but an incredibly fragile player mentally and emotionally, ill-equipped to play the point on a long term basis. And it isn't all her fault, Kellie has done her no favors by putting her in that position...

In fairness to Kellie, she didn't have much of a choice once Massengill opted to leave. Other than Slocum, I don't know any elite PGs in the portal that weren't already scooped up. Walker wasn't ideal, but she was the best that was available.

Sooo many of those players hurt their careers playing under Holly.. and it should be called out. When people say we have an issue with recruiting, understand that we were getting top classes for years that went undeveloped.

Jaime, Burdick, Graves, JJ, Nia Moore, Middleton, Meme, Dunbar all had talent, skill, and will. But no development at all.
Add Jordan Reynolds, Mercedes Russell and on and on. It's very sad, and must be devastating for Holly as well. I call it the Jamie Nared Trail of Tears. It's exactly why I can't hate on Evina, or anyone who got out and were able to salavge a bit of a career, or stayed, like Davis and revived a career. Lots of kids paid for the terrible decision to stick it out with Holly.
the offense sucked in the third quarter. Horston tried a couple of tear drop shots which were blocked. Davis never really got untraced. We needed someone to pick up the offense when UCONN decided to contain Burrell and no one really answered the call.
Give the devil his due. Geno's halftime adjustment slowed Rae's roll and they played good D on Davis the whole game. Again, for the umpteenth time, I have to defend Davis. She was not able to 'take over' late in the game, largely due to good D but I don't know that I'd call 11 pts 9 rebs 3 assists and a block with no t.o.s 'not answering the call'.
Playing out of position. JH being asked to play a position that highlights her weaknesses. Also yes, she's emotionally fragile and I've said till I'm blue in the face this is all awful for her development. I don't blame Kellie though, at least not directly. She's had no choice, has been scrambling on the PG front since Jazz left. Did the best she could getting Walker and Salary but always knew and said the situation was not ideal. She's trying to patch it together just enough to get by.

That said, I think she has an important decision to make right now. Do you continue to damage JH by setting her up to struggle? She's definitely talented and you want her on the floor, and has played well at PG just enough to make it tantalizing to play her there, at least part time. It might make sense at this point, however, to move her to off guard and see if it helps her shooting pick up and restores some confidence for her.

This depends on having an alternative at PG. I still have some hope Walker and Salary might be just good enough to get by, I think its all going to be situational, driven by match up and by who has a hot hand. Defin.itely less than ideal

darth go to boneyard your not a true LV fan I’ve seen too many posts like this from you. Such a disgrace smh

It’s a bad game. Her upside is still too great to do anything but support her. Still think her potential at PG is amazing. Compare her to this point last year when she seemed to be getting worse. This was the first time she played the primary ball handler for the well oiled machine that is UConn. They are elite in their style of ball for 10+ years. This team is young, the style is new and they are light years ahead of where anyone thought they’d be after the defection of Jazz and Green. They fought hard against a team that I think is most likely to win the NCAAs.

Perhaps Jordan has the most ups and downs because she has the most facets to her game to hone. There is so much potential That I’m gonna give her the benefit of the doubt.

darth go to boneyard your not a true LV fan I’ve seen too many posts like this from you. Such a disgrace smh

I think you might have killed him. He ain't movin'

200w.gif

VN Store

Back