Tom Allen Should Be A Top Priority

The guy can at least developed 3 star or less players into players who can compete against Ohio State. No one at UT has done that in a long damn time.

I wish that was true, but I am more of the thought he evaluated better and had some under valued kids and schemed them up. Coaching is an issue for sure. Getting the right schemes with the right people can do a lot.

I am looking at 2020 and his resume... not one game two seasons ago. But if we must, go back and watch it. His players did not execute and lost that game. We had to recover an on-sides kick to win it. Hardly coaching. We also had Fitz and his absence was missed more than anything next to Jennings this year. Last year we played until the end. This year we gassed out and lost leads. Regardless, Tennessee sucked this year while Indiana was runner up by one TD to OSU.
Agree to disagree. His team collapsed at the end. Don't want him, you may, I don't. Goodnight.

The AD was a good hire. That said, he is in Florida and so are his coaches. Easier to recruit there. Look how Frost performed at UCF vs Nebraska.

That said, look at what Tom Allen has done against the Big 10. They were once worse than Vandy. Hard to recruit even basketball guys there at one point. They were second in Big 10 East and put up 35 against OSU and lost by one TD. No other team put up that many points against OSU. Not even Clemson. And we want to hire Clemson’s OC over him?

Tom Allen has it all. Experienced HC building a much weaker program in much tougher to recruit to area in a Power 5 conference. Proven offensive minded coach but his team had a good D too as they allowed Kiffin to score fewer points than Bama.

We could probably get him for less than we could if he turns Indiana into a Utah when UM was there. This guy is one of the few obvious guys to me. Why I am not hearing this guy’s name more, I have no idea.
I think not. No selling. Whoever the next coach is, the announcement won‘t require White to sell his resume.

Allen is a great coach and would be the best we've hired in a long time. Hugh Freeze guy. Coached in Tennessee before. That said, I doubt he leaves Indiana.

At this point, I will be 100% behind the coach that is selected by AD White. He has proven himself with his ability to make the right choice.

I don't know if there is someone that did more with less than Allen. Personally, I would prefer someone that will excite the fan base, be a great recruiter, out-coach most if not all of our opponents, be thrilled about being our coach, and stay here for years and years.

Peterson, Kiffin, and Campbell would seem to be better choices than Allen. They may not be, but that is White's job to sort through these factors.

I do not want a coordinator. I do think there is a coordinator out there somewhere who would come in here and blow us away. But, the odds of us finding that one coordinator are lower than if we go with a more proven commodity.
See post about White.

I just can't support hiring a guy who lost to the guy we just canned. I get there's a million reasons why that doesn't hold up, but come on. Didn't Dooley beat Butch a year or so before we hired him?

Because of an onside kick. We had about double the talent on the roster than he did. 14-5 the last two years in the regular season. He would be a good pick if we fail at all the other higher profile targets.
He also had a very good QB, I believe it was Peyton Ramsey who started at Northwestern this year. But I think he had a 17mm buyout.

The AD was a good hire. That said, he is in Florida and so are his coaches. Easier to recruit there. Look how Frost performed at UCF vs Nebraska.

That said, look at what Tom Allen has done against the Big 10. They were once worse than Vandy. Hard to recruit even basketball guys there at one point. They were second in Big 10 East and put up 35 against OSU and lost by one TD. No other team put up that many points against OSU. Not even Clemson. And we want to hire Clemson’s OC over him?

Tom Allen has it all. Experienced HC building a much weaker program in much tougher to recruit to area in a Power 5 conference. Proven offensive minded coach but his team had a good D too as they allowed Kiffin to score fewer points than Bama.

We could probably get him for less than we could if he turns Indiana into a Utah when UM was there. This guy is one of the few obvious guys to me. Why I am not hearing this guy’s name more, I have no idea.

What the hell.... just no.......Barely a winning record overall - losing record in conference. And, big ten is weaker conference than SEC. SMH!

Many Vol fans like me, don’t pay much attention to the who’s who’s in the coaching ranks, we’re more focused on the Vols and the players/coaches
Tennessee has been rebuilding for so very long that some fans question whether any coach can succeed here now

Dooley beat Butch...don’t need a guy who Pruitt beat

VN Store

Back