Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I see zero chance of Kiffin happening. There is enough money raised by the boosters, but I don't think we care to hire him. Too much risk and he's already spurned us once. I could be wrong, anything is possible- but I'm extremely doubtful.

A failure by Chancellor then?
i think there's two ways to look at it.

1. this last 2 months was a total cover your butt deal by the admin, and cutting bait once you realized it's gone bad, and the writing was on the wall
2. they tried to get it out, and get in front of it...once realizing how bad it was, any evidence of 'cover up' would only make it worse in the long run, so take you lumps now, get in front of it, and hope your 'willingness to participate', and show of force in how you 'handled' it works out on the back end.

i mean let's face it, we walked out to the firing line, tied our own hands behind the pole, and gave the instruction to fire....with no help from anyone......lol....think of it as a "time already served" type deal with how much of a punching bag we are right now, and what's happening to the roster etc....to say we've set ourselves back, would be an understatement.

and keep in mind, it could also be a combination of all that, not necessarily an either/or.......

I feel bad for AP and Hubbs currently as they have zero info, all ties have been cut off, yet people are grasping for info. Those clowns have no clue what’s happening.

They get cut off when a staff is fired, but they get new ones when the next group comes in. I would think Hubbs has administrative ties, but those people shouldn't be talking.

I usually make a round over there every couple of weeks just to check out the thread titles. Every blue moon I’ll post something. But, by far this is the best, most informed group/thread going on VN about football in by far.

I have heard tales that deep in the heart of the Basketball Forum exists a thread filled with dedicated well informed UT fans talking intelligently about all sports including football, but I have never had the nerve or the intestinal fortitude to seek out such a thread.

Hubbs said they aren’t hiring kiffin
i didn't get the impression they said it's definitively "no", simply because there's no AD yet....none of them are against it....but all pretty much agreed it's a "believe it when i see it" deal.

and i don't disagree.

Reactions: m1al
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back