Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Matt Luke point is very fair. However, if that is the case, he's already on campus. Given the fact that we are closing in on an AD and looking around the country for a coach, I don't think Steele is going to be that guy.

Unless the incoming AD has been told "Keep Steele around for a year and we'll give you all the resources you need to take your time and make YOUR hire." That doesn't seem like the direction this whole thing is going, especially if the AD is hired this week, as has been reported/repeated.

In regards to Mayo, I believe it’s much easier to jump from coordinator to HC in the NFL than it is in college. College HC’s have so many responsibilities. Not that NFL HC’s don’t, it is just a different world.

So Hubbs is reporting that Ingram has not been contacted by the search firm. And Gilbert has publicly states he's not in the running.

Insiders are about to be scrambling.
Either that or the search firm wasn’t hired to lead the AD search, but to get a jump start on the coaching search, and have a short list of names ready for the new AD to hire from.

I think we’ve reached a breaking point here, there is always talk about opening up the brinks truck now is the time.
I think that’s always been an option (well at least last time), but the ppl in control at UTAD & the ppl driving the truck didn’t agree on the truck stop. And of course a lot depends on who is willing to unload the truck.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back