Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how the UT people wanna hire a coach with integrity but are rumored to be adding two more guys from Aubby, the the standout top of the class school when it comes to doing things the right way

Cole Cubelic just said on ESPNU radio just said with the guys leaving that you have to debate whether or not our roster is better than Ark and USCe. Still a tier above Vandy but he wasn’t big on what we have.

He also thinks out of those 3 rosters that Treylon Burks (Ark) is the best player.
Cole is just mad his BFF got fired... he's worse than AP, just on a much larger scale

If she wanted to do things The Right Way with the integrity and principles she advocates, she could have fired cleanly in Nov/Dec and vetted and hired behind the scenes while quietly conducting an in-house investigation. Most schools manage to conduct business without a drawn-out spectacle, and it generally works out a lot better for them.
So the right way was to fire Pruitt in Nov/Dec and pay the buyout? The story was leaked at the end of the season so how would the investigation been quietly conducted?

Cole Cubelic just said on ESPNU radio just said with the guys leaving that you have to debate whether or not our roster is better than Ark and USCe. Still a tier above Vandy but he wasn’t big on what we have.

He also thinks out of those 3 rosters that Treylon Burks (Ark) is the best player.
LMAO! Shut the hell up Cole. Our roster is better than Arkansas and SC. Lol!!! SC lost more players than we have.

We are standing at the gates of hell with one foot already in the door, and y’all think we’re going to get a coach worth a sh!t to agree to terms like that? The ONLY chance we will have at a coach that excites us is to over pay...by a LOT...and every f$&#ing clause in the contract will be to their benefit.

If there is any coach that would be understanding, my bet is it would be Kiffin. Given his history and part in all this, he may say "sure - just give me the resources so I can make it right, win games, and go toe to toe with Saban."

Slightly off-topic, but it's pretty remarkable how much less of a cluster f*** the recruiting forum is than the football forum. One would think the football forum would be the place to go to get the info on how the search for AD & HC is shaping up, but there is literally no info over there it's just a mess of angry posters commiserating together.

In this one thread, there is far more useful information and better conversation than that entire forum lol. It's also almost two entirely different groups of poster. Weird how segmented this place can be lol.
I literally only go there for Fingerz practice updates lol. Now that is something worth taking a peak at. It especially was before covid came and ruined media access at practice.

Reactions: beneVOLence
So Hubbs is reporting that Ingram has not been contacted by the search firm. And Gilbert has publicly states he's not in the running.

Insiders are about to be scrambling.

I just listened to their podcast, and they said according to their sources that Gilbert would be on down the list and was not considered a top tier candidate for the AD position.

VolzOwn, the guy on VQ who correctly predicted everything on Monday, just said:
giphy.gif

Give me the roster that has 2 top 50 QBs and a plethora of young WR's that are going to be stars once given the opportunity. Kiffin showed you can win games and not have a defense.

I've been on this forum long enough to have been through too many coaching searches and the fallout. Heck, you used to be able to post in every single forum and then wait on someone to reply- not the same anymore.

Here are my thoughts on where we are:
We've been complaining about the administration for years, and to be honest others outside of the program have done so as well. The admin has seemed to have fallen into the trap of hiring quickly without proper vetting. I would argue the Kiffin hire was different, but leaving out a buyout was insane.

We are finally taking the time to make sure that we make a quality AD hire, and then hopefully we will make an excellent coach hire.

Stop asking for us to make a quick hire! That's what has put us in the situation that we have found ourselves in for the last decade plus. It's a pain to wait, sure- but it's also the right thing to do. This program is sick and needs some bedrest.

I'm hopeful for the first time in a long time. Now, could we screw this up? Absolutely, but I think it's unlikely. I think we are taking the time to make the right hires and for once ignoring the fans- A positive step I think.

I don't agree with some that this will be a 10 year contract, Fulmer was forced into retirement and paid to do so. Nothing he said in the press conference carries any weight at this point. He had a chance to keep the ship steady and he failed miserably. He's going to have to ride off into the sunset and will get paid to stay out of the kitchen.

Plowman is by all accounts an excellent administrator who will get the job done. Let's let her work. She's going to make the best AD hire possible and then let them work. The AD will have the money to make the hire that they want.

TL;DR stop picking at scabs and give it time to heal or it will just get infected again.

Peyton was not as involved with the decision making last go around, he will be this time.

Although I would like to believe this, I don’t. Last coaching search we were told he was involved and on Schiano Sunday he was saying positive things about Schiano. After it all went south he admitted he was just trying to help put a positive spin on whoever they hired. That means whoever we trot out this time, Peyton will put a positive spin on the hire. So his opinion and involvement does not impress me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back