Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a political post. GIF of the moment seemed applicable to this forum.

giphy.gif
Also not a political post...

1611167553240.png

This morning @matts42012 said the AD search is down to either Ingram or Gilbert. That is certainly the conventional wisdom, and Matts seems to have inside info so it may be the actual truth. If so, I think that our choices are what we think they are. But there does seem to be some chatter that Donde Plowman is the wildcard here. Basilio posted this morning the following:

I'm being told that UT Chancellor Donde Plowman is pushing back on rubber stamping any hire and wants to take her time in locating the right person for the job. To those that follow matters such as these it appeared that Gilbert's hire as the new AD would be a fait accompli. I guess we're learning here that Donde Plowman wants to put her stamp on UT athletics after this sordid mess that's unfolding on her watch.

The Tony Basilio Show

That coincides with some of the posts hinting that we may be looking at the AD's at ISU and UCF. If that is true, then it could broaden the potential coaching pool. I would have said there isn't a chance in hell we'd get Matt Campbell, but the only way I'd reconsider that is if we hired his AD from ISU.

I don't know much about the AD at UCF, but I worry about hiring coaches from the royalty of the G5 like UCF, Houston, Cincinnati, etc. Those programs tend to do well no matter who is coaching them, and it is very hit or miss when you hire coaches with good records at those programs. More specific to Josh Heupel, I think his offensive system has run its course. Chip Kelly, Scott Frost, Gus Malzahn, Butch Jones - the HUNH power spread seems to be bogging down as defenses have adjusted to it.

Personally, I am thinking the floor on this search is Chadwell or O'Brien with Steele and Garner on the defensive side. I will have no problem seeing the upside of either hire and will remain optimistic for at least 2-3 years to see how it works out. Others' mileage may vary on that approach.
Plowman is going to plow us under...she is a F'n white tower idiot.

Reactions: Catbone
That is some funny stuff right there! You might as well ask James Harden to care about something other than his stats, ask North Korea to allow freedom of speech, ask Donald Trump to pay his debts, ask Alphabet to break up their own monopoly, and ask Kyrie Irving to admit the earth is not flat.
Well, that is the general direction I was headed.... I like to let the reader interpret as they see fit.... 😎

This is the post yall are referring to. He's not saying he knows who they are. Good Lord some of yall read what you want to read.
Think he worded it exactly that way for us to draw that conclusion. He may have just been trying to calm us down, but from his other posts I think they know who they want so we shall see if it happens and is something we can also be excited about.

This morning @matts42012 said the AD search is down to either Ingram or Gilbert. That is certainly the conventional wisdom, and Matts seems to have inside info so it may be the actual truth. If so, I think that our choices are what we think they are. But there does seem to be some chatter that Donde Plowman is the wildcard here. Basilio posted this morning the following:

I'm being told that UT Chancellor Donde Plowman is pushing back on rubber stamping any hire and wants to take her time in locating the right person for the job. To those that follow matters such as these it appeared that Gilbert's hire as the new AD would be a fait accompli. I guess we're learning here that Donde Plowman wants to put her stamp on UT athletics after this sordid mess that's unfolding on her watch.

The Tony Basilio Show

That coincides with some of the posts hinting that we may be looking at the AD's at ISU and UCF. If that is true, then it could broaden the potential coaching pool. I would have said there isn't a chance in hell we'd get Matt Campbell, but the only way I'd reconsider that is if we hired his AD from ISU.

I don't know much about the AD at UCF, but I worry about hiring coaches from the royalty of the G5 like UCF, Houston, Cincinnati, etc. Those programs tend to do well no matter who is coaching them, and it is very hit or miss when you hire coaches with good records at those programs. More specific to Josh Heupel, I think his offensive system has run its course. Chip Kelly, Scott Frost, Gus Malzahn, Butch Jones - the HUNH power spread seems to be bogging down as defenses have adjusted to it.

Personally, I am thinking the floor on this search is Chadwell or O'Brien with Steele and Garner on the defensive side. I will have no problem seeing the upside of either hire and will remain optimistic for at least 2-3 years to see how it works out. Others' mileage may vary on that approach.
On the other hand...IF..she got Matt Campbell out of all this mess..then she is a F'n genius and I am an idiot for doubting her..🤷‍♂️

The Tony Basilio Show

My "admiration" for the AD at UCF is less about the individuals he has hired and more about his ability to identify successful people for those specific positions and have a system in place to continue the success.

The Tony Basilio Show

Problem being the longer we draw it out, the more players we are likely to lose. She needs to understand that. We don't need a panic hire, but we also don't need a long drawn out process. They need to put in the OT, find who they want, and get it done. Truth is, Pruitt should have been let go over a month ago, but they bungled that. We can't afford to bungle hiring an AD and HC as well. An intelligent decision needs to be made sooner rather than later. The fact we're UT scares me when highlighting the intelligent part.

Think he worded it exactly that way for us to draw that conclusion. He may have just been trying to calm us down, but from his other posts I think they know who they want so we shall see if it happens and is something we can also be excited about.

Well, he and others also mentioned "FU Money" being brought to the table. And unless he meant that "FU" as a negatively directed "FU" and not positive, that isn't Steele or actually even Chadwell. There are very few that have been mentioned that would warrant "FU Money".

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Starting to look like it------where's the Beav
To me that was obvious when AV said he did not want to give out names because the media coverage hurt chances last time. And then he proceeded to say “I can confirm that” talking about Kiffin having reached out. I think AV and Beaver are plugged in on the booster side and have an agenda to ramp up fan pressure on the hire. I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing, but I don’t want our fans to go crazy if it’s not Kiffin. … But I hope it’s a Kiffin!

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
To me that was obvious when AV said he did not want to give out names because the media coverage hurt chances last time. And then he proceeded to say “I can confirm that” talking about Kiffin having reached out. I think AV and Beaver are plugged in on the booster side and have an agenda to ramp up fan pressure on the hire. I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing, but I don’t want our fans to go crazy if it’s not Kiffin. … But I hope it’s a Kiffin!

AV can’t stand kiffin

I never saw AV say this and I watched like a hawk all day. The only thing I saw him confirm is that we already had our AD. Never said a word about having our HC yet.
I did. Without serving as his personal historian. 😏 Maybe there was some “I’m happy with” language that was open to interpretation.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back