Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Who will be the next full-time Tennessee football coach?
  • Billy Napier +300
  • Jamey Chadwell +400
  • Kevin Steele +500
  • Tom Herman +700
  • Hugh Freeze +800
  • Bill Clark +1000
  • Gus Malzahn +1200
  • Doug Marrone +1400
  • Dave Doeren +1500
  • Tony Elliott +1700
  • Jeff Fisher +2000
  • Bill O'Brien +2200
  • Joe Brady +2500
who you got? T
I think they’ll flub it up and go with Chadwell, Steele or Clark. I believe this job is much too big for Chadwell at this time. Needs bigger experience for a longer duration. Steele or Clark is a trot’em out with a mask on. No way either of those 2 work out as HC.

Reactions: ugg
Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Who will be the next full-time Tennessee football coach?
  • Billy Napier +300
  • Jamey Chadwell +400
  • Kevin Steele +500
  • Tom Herman +700
  • Hugh Freeze +800
  • Bill Clark +1000
  • Gus Malzahn +1200
  • Doug Marrone +1400
  • Dave Doeren +1500
  • Tony Elliott +1700
  • Jeff Fisher +2000
  • Bill O'Brien +2200
  • Joe Brady +2500
who you got? T

Crazy not to put 20 bucks on O'brien or Herman or Steele.

Reactions: ugg
he also said proven winner, not someone who went 1-33 as an HC in the Big 12......
Like I said, you could spin it and say he's a proven winner because he's been a part of good teams. People said that about Pruitt because he was at Alabama. He'd "been around" great programs, so that means he "knows what it takes to win." Yeah right.

However, it'd be really hard to spin him as not being a tryout, because as you said he was a head coach once 20 years ago and was terrible. That is the criteria that really means something, IMO.

I think they’ll flub it up and go with Chadwell, Steele or Clark. I believe this job is much too big for Chadwell at this time. Needs bigger experience for a longer duration. Steele or Clark is a trot’em out with a mask on. No way either of those 2 work out as HC.

Why do you think Clark wouldn't work out?

giphy.gif

He has a past that isn’t clean.
He also coached a colorado during a time there was some serious rape issues iirc.

The bottom line Colorado didn’t reach out to him with their openings. That’s telling
Colorado actually did reach out to him and he reportedly said no, but you are correct as to why he hasn't gotten a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back