Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s never won a game as a power 5 coach.
he’s never played a game as a power 5 player
He’s never coached a game as a power 5 coach

He’s far from a proven Winner at this level.

I agree. The amount of clamoring over him is a bit alarming to me. Guy is still a step away before he's ready to take the helm of a SEC program in my opinion. If he had a few years success at a P5 program you can bet he'd be my number 1 but right now he's a little to green.

Reactions: OrangenSC
I wonder if there is anything to Napier being the betting favorite for the job. I honestly am worried if it is Napier that he will just leave for lsu or florida once they open

Absolutely not. Chadwell sets this program back for another decade.
Are you ok with Napier? He beat him this year with less talent. Almost beat Freeze with a big talent difference. Has won everywhere he has been. I don’t get the hate at all. I don’t think people realize the talent level on Coastal's roster.

love all the hissy-fits all you girls are having on here today... apparently we don't have an AD set yet, so nothing has been finalized and there are a lot of options. The only thing I believe is that Steele will NOT be our HC and UT is going to spend/offer real money. I don't know who will bite, but real money will be offered and we are not going to get another JP/Project.

Reactions: RiotVol
AP on VQ took Steele verses the field this morning. This isn't me telling myself anything. Steele is also the betting favorite. We are trying to convince ourselves that UT is different this time. That they'll spend big money and hire a big name who will save us. But they're going to do what they always do. They're going to hire Steele.
This pukes me

I think Hank will appreciate this one. I've seem some chatter on other boards regarding PJ Fleck picking up steam as a candidate. Could we be rowing the boat? Would he fit into a proven winner? Not sure I love the idea of more Butch Jones type philosophy / coach speak but he does seem to win wherever he goes... I'm awaiting the torches to be lit and heading in my direction on this one. :)

PJ Fleck garnering NFL interest

This is my fear. What do these people know to make Steele the betting favorite? We all want to believe it'll be someone better, but maybe we're just kidding ourselves again?
I have yet to see a single source push Steele as the betting favorite. They do this everytime a coach is fired. They do hotseat odds at every seasons start. 99% wrong everytime. Mullen was one of the betting favorites for the Jets job via multiple outlets and look at what happened.

I think the more important of the two criteria Boyd said out is not wanting to "try out" a guy. You could still spin Steele as a "winner" because he coached good defenses on some good Auburn teams. However, I don't see how you could spin him as something other than a tryout, because he has a total lack of HC success at any level.

It is extremely, extremely important that we hire a coach with a track record of success at a P5 or at the very least someone with a great track record at a G5.

You don’t make the changes that the Boyd and Plowman just made to bring in Steele. You don’t have a press conference and say that you will let the new AD make the hire to bring in Steele. You don’t have a interview with a local news outlet claiming you’re only going to hire a winner and that this isn’t a place for try outs to bring out Steele... Unless you want to look like a even bigger dysfunctional embarrassment. The Steele narrative is being pushed by the fans who are afraid of it happening. Media outlets are pushing it for clicks but at this current moment there is nothing to back it up. Again, Boyd and Plowman made the plan clear and nothing about that plan screams Steele to me.

You must not know Tennessee football.

AP on VQ took Steele verses the field this morning. This isn't me telling myself anything. Steele is also the betting favorite. We are trying to convince ourselves that UT is different this time. That they'll spend big money and hire a big name who will save us. But they're going to do what they always do. They're going to hire Steele.

All of AP''s people are gone now. He had buddied up to Pruitt and Nieds. That completely contradicts what Boyd said yesterday. "This isn't a place to try somebody out." Notice how him and Hubbs said this could take a while and then Price said last night he heard it could be accelerated. That way he leaves the door open for him not to be wrong. 😂

I think the more important of the two criteria Boyd said out is not wanting to "try out" a guy. You could still spin Steele as a "winner" because he coached good defenses on some good Auburn teams. However, I don't see how you could spin him as something other than a tryout, because he has a total lack of HC success at any level.

It is extremely, extremely important that we hire a coach with a track record of success at a P5 or at the very least someone with a great track record at a G5.
he also said proven winner, not someone who went 1-33 as an HC in the Big 12......

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Hope we don't trash Steele on here so much that when he's named DC the internet hate hasn't gone too far. Say what you want. The man is a brilliant Defensive mind. And unlike the Pruitt scheme, his players understand what they are supposed to do and know how to line up correctly.
I will be dang excited to have Steele as our DC.

Are you ok with Napier? He beat him this year with less talent. Almost beat Freeze with a big talent difference. Has won everywhere he has been. I don’t get the hate at all. I don’t think people realize the talent level on Coastal's roster.

Most importantly he actually coaches kids up. No one can say that about any coaches we’ve had before.

AD is first. HC comes second. Plowman knows that if she screws this up, the entire admin will be eventually canned. A potential outside the family hire is something she’s interested in. She knows who people want, but thinks a fresh face could be helpful
has to be Ingram right? Gilbert was already a part of this AD mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back