Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ingram sounds like a great hire if one thing
Can be explained

Does he deserve any criticism for UaBs football program being canceled to begin with?

It seems like he just got there before it was halted but could a stronger leader have done anything to stop it ???
It was a well documented hit job from Bama and power players that support Bama all the way up to government. He couldn’t have prevented it anymore than I can talk the Sun into not coming up tomorrow morning

From Brent Hubbs:

"I asked the Chancellor's office three questions this morning that I'm awaiting an answer on.

1. Can Steele hire coaches and staff
2. Will Steele's contract be re-worked since he's the acting head coach
3. Will Fulmer be compensated the remainder of his contract or will his final compensation be his final day as AD

I'm still awaiting the answer to those three questions. I have heard that Steele will be allowed to hire but I want to hear that from the Chancellor."
If they say yes to #1 then he'll be the coach for the next three years.

Ingram sounds like a great hire if one thing
Can be explained

Does he deserve any criticism for UaBs football program being canceled to begin with?

It seems like he just got there before it was halted but could a stronger leader have done anything to stop it ???
Bear Bryants dipsh!t son is responsible for shutting down UAB Football, UAB is under the UA board of trustees

People need to stop with they dont trust Lane, Freeze or other coaches. Nobody has a clue in what these coaches will or wont do. You can insert any coaches name and say this. If you thought Pruitt would end up in the mess that he is in by the time he got fired then you are a liar. No matter what coach is hired at any school is a crap shot. Nobody knows if Freeze will ever do something again,some people learn from their mistakes, especially when they know that this is their last shot. I personally think Kiffin wants to right his wrong and I think he would stay until he was fired. People do grow up and mature. Nobody is expecting Tenn to hire a pastor, most of us already has one.
Bring me a mercenary, bring me Kiffin. Bama, Florida and Georgia need to be stopped.

Napier is probably just another Saban wannabe. Those guys don't understand that only Saban can be Saban, and Saban can act the way he does because he's already won so much. You can't just come strolling through the door and act like that.
I don't necessarily think Napier is wanting to come in and act like a Saban-esque a-hole, but instead he doesn't want to have to answer to anyone. He may be the nicest guy in the world, but the control he's looking for is "nobody can tell me no" level of control and that's not going to happen for him at this point.

From Brent Hubbs:

"I asked the Chancellor's office three questions this morning that I'm awaiting an answer on.

1. Can Steele hire coaches and staff
2. Will Steele's contract be re-worked since he's the acting head coach
3. Will Fulmer be compensated the remainder of his contract or will his final compensation be his final day as AD

I'm still awaiting the answer to those three questions. I have heard that Steele will be allowed to hire but I want to hear that from the Chancellor."

Everyone knows the answer to this I would assume.

Got it. I just did some research and looks like you are correct.

The reason I said that is I have it on good authority that Gilbert and Hart would attend Alabama alumni meetings in Knoxville occasionally.
Yeah I’m ready move on from any association with anything Gump related.

Mark Ingram — The VFL is currently the athletics director at the University of Alabama-Birmingham. The former walk-on lettered in football in 1995 and 1996 while earning his Master’s degree in 1997.

Ingram worked in athletic development in 1998. After stints at Missouri and Georgia, Ingram returned to Tennessee in 2007 senior associate athletic director.

In May of 2015, Ingram was hired at UAB as the Director of Athletics. In his time as AD, Ingram has led the revival of the football program which includes the building of a new stadium.

Make it happen @Atlanta VOL @matts42012 @MetalVolunteer and then bring our boy Kiffin home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back