Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why we are where we are

tenor.gif

Reactions: Jimmy Football
On the "Gilbert is a Bammer" notion, how? He worked there for a short time, but he worked at Tennessee longer (I think). His son chose Tennessee.

If you're gonna knock Gilbert, knock him for leading the Donnie Tyndall hire. I don't think it's fair to call him a Bammer.
He worked at Alabama for 17 years and if my memory is correct, he graduated from Alabama.

Basilio has had his finger on this for months. Unfortunately, based on his comments, it sounds like our level of trouble with the NCAA is immense. We’re not at the Penn State level but it’s not good to even be compared in that general category.

Reading between the lines makes me think we end up with Steele because no one will want to come into this mess before the final verdict.

Reactions: Catbone
Man....Kiffin would kill it here. And it would be fun. With this roster and a full offseason with Bailey/Salter, I bet we win 10 games. Eight wins would be all but guaranteed. He would destroy it with recruiting too.

It sucks it won't happen.

If they let him hire assistants, that would be a very strong indication their plan is to make him the permanent HC. Why would you let an "acting head coach" or an interim head coach make staff hires, especially multi-year staff hires?
So...good news?

Reactions: HankHill
Which is why guys like him (not any coach who has worked under Saban, but guys who were groomed by Saban) should always be off limits for HC hires.

Kirby is the exact same way; it's just harder to tell because he inherited a good roster and can easily recruit at a high level at Georgia.

Kirby has gotten a little better according to a few people i think but yes. Dooley was the same way here about stuff that didn’t even matter with actual football.

Trust me...I will like this AD and this head coach.

And I liked and still do like our old AD and our old head coach as people. They were and still are my friends.

For the new coaches and ADs sake I hope you don’t turn on them.

i mean the we need everyone pulling the rope in the same direction motto sounds great until folks like yourself decide their way is the best direction while others don’t

Basilio has had his finger on this for months. Unfortunately, based on his comments, it sounds like our level of trouble with the NCAA is immense. We’re not at the Penn State level but it’s not good to even be compared in that general category.

Reading between the lines makes me think we end up with Steele because no one will want to come into this mess before the final verdict.
This is true and he has said don't rush into this and maybe let Steele intern this year.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Dave Doeren - that good?

The "biggest name" we are going to end up with is probably Napier or Chadwell. And I think Napier is holding out for LSU.
20/20, if we had only not scared him off. No NCAA. I figure he beats Ga St last year and maybe BYU
and Ky this year. But we'd probably be paying him off after next year.

And I liked and still do like our old AD and our old head coach as people. They were and still are my friends.

Would you please calm everyone down about Steele being the next coach? You don't do all this and have money on the table in a pivotal point in the program to just go hire Steele.... Great DC and I hope we keep him in that role, but he cannot be the HC.

That playdate we had scheduled? Gotta cancel...pal.

I think we look to Ole Miss for the template as to what is going to happen. Similar penalties to Ole Miss, and a similar route with their coaching search. Steele is going to end up being a bridge candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back