Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Napier is holding out for LSU...much better job than ours. Were gonna get stuck with sorry @$$ Steele.
I guess what I don't understand is why LSU, or UF for that matter, would turn over entire control of their program, Saban-style, to a guy who has never been a HC at a P5 school? Saban had won a NC at LSU and been a HC in the NFL when Bama ceded that kind of control to him.

Kirby has gotten a little better according to a few people i think but yes. Dooley was the same way here about stuff that didn’t even matter with actual football.
Yeah, I mean Kirby is a little better than Pruitt, but I notice a bunch of similarities too. Neither guy has a clue about offense or QBs.

Man....Kiffin would kill it here. And it would be fun. With this roster and a full offseason with Bailey/Salter, I bet we win 10 games. Eight wins would be all but guaranteed. He would destroy it with recruiting too.

It sucks it won't happen.

And he would take the job regardless of the sanctions.

Trust me...I will like this AD and this head coach..

giphy.gif

Basilio has had his finger on this for months. Unfortunately, based on his comments, it sounds like our level of trouble with the NCAA is immense. We’re not at the Penn State level but it’s not good to even be compared in that general category.

Reading between the lines makes me think we end up with Steele because no one will want to come into this mess before the final verdict.[/QUOT

Last edited:
I guess what I don't understand is why LSU, or UF for that matter, would turn over entire control of their program, Saban-style, to a guy who has never been a HC at a P5 school? Saban had won a NC at LSU and been a HC in the NFL when Bama ceded that kind of control to him.
Napier is probably just another Saban wannabe. Those guys don't understand that only Saban can be Saban, and Saban can act the way he does because he's already won so much. You can't just come strolling through the door and act like that.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Ingram sounds like a great hire if one thing
Can be explained

Does he deserve any criticism for UaBs football program being canceled to begin with?

It seems like he just got there before it was halted but could a stronger leader have done anything to stop it ???

For all those who say Kiffin has a big ego, yes he does. But what fan base is out there that could fill it and give him what he wants? He hasn't coached here in a decade and loves trolling us because of how much some want him back. We are literally the only fan base in college football that could love him as much as he loves himself.

Im behind so excuse me if this has been covered....

VQ podcast mentioned someone in state ‘22 who had a decision soon that were probably gonna miss out on because of all this. I didn’t catch the name but want to say it was Jordan James? Anyone catch that?

and

Is BigKat on campus? Or was yesterday a game changer for him?
Could be wrong but I think it was a kids from Texas again could have misheard.

Reactions: HoleInTheRoof
From Brent Hubbs:

"I asked the Chancellor's office three questions this morning that I'm awaiting an answer on.

1. Can Steele hire coaches and staff
2. Will Steele's contract be re-worked since he's the acting head coach
3. Will Fulmer be compensated the remainder of his contract or will his final compensation be his final day as AD

I'm still awaiting the answer to those three questions. I have heard that Steele will be allowed to hire but I want to hear that from the Chancellor."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back