Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could accept Herman I guess, but the guy is eccentric in the wrong ways and I feel like he wouldn't be able to handle the meddling boosters here, which is rumored to be why he was canned from Texas. With Herman I think he could get us to 8-4 on the regular, which is certainly a big step up from where we are now, but I don't think he'd ever win the East here. Just my opinion.
If he wants to be P5 HC, he better get used to that. Pretty sure most all P5 teams have them.

And none of them check the boxes that ole girl laid out today. Herman has the same attitude Pruitt has, Kiffin left us once then got USC put on probation and I assume since she was so dead set on following rules by the letter of the law today that Chadwell wouldn’t be allowed either, even though his violations in the past weren't his fault.
May want to change your signature to “today”

Numerous major violations found, the NCAA doesn't play around with that kind of stuff, and knowing our luck, they'll make an example out of us.
They sure didn’t do crap to Will Wade and LSU. Dude was literally on the phone asking a player how much he needed? We cleaned house and will self impose? We will get punished but 3 year bowl ban would be a major overreaction and the final death blow to football. We weren’t doing anything anyone else isn’t doing. If they did 3 years I’m taking the entire SEC down with me.

Reactions: PA Vol
Numerous major violations found, the NCAA doesn't play around with that kind of stuff, and knowing our luck, they'll make an example out of us.

We’d be an awful situation to make an example of. NCAA would basically be saying: “Don’t you dare self-police! Sweep everything under the rug and hope we don’t find it.”

I would say we initiated the investigation. Turned it over to the NCAA and fired all involved.

NCAA hammers us after doing it the right way...

Why self report?

Chadwell isn't high profile. Kiffin feels like message board chatter, Herman seems pretty meh which is better than most of the coaches names I hear.
Chadwell is national coach of the year. That’s high profile. Herman was the it coach 4 years ago, and did well at Texas. Kiffin has talked to our boosters, that’s not message board chatter. These are high profile names

it's not about his motivation for profit. Lawyers have strict rules on conflict of interest, and even if the conflict was waived or managed, the specter of the conflict still looms over the negotiations.

What does the lawyer have to do with Sexton? Sexton is not his lawyer. He’s the agent. Agents don’t care about conflicts. They make money from them.

"If you self report, admit your guilt, and fire those responsible.. We will bury you."

Would be a hell of an example. Wouldn't put it past them though.

The NCAA hasn't issued a punishment since USC I would even bat an eye at.

Chadwell is national coach of the year. That’s high profile. Herman was the it coach 4 years ago, and did well at Texas. Kiffin has talked to our boosters, that’s not message board chatter. These are high profile names
Can’t get much higher than those names. 🤷🏽

For me 1. Campbell (dreaming)

2. Ferentz
3. Herman
4. Mark Stoops (yes I know and yes that stoops) the man is a good coach, and he has built KY into something they have never been. And he’s a quality human being.
5. Fleck

Then you have Marrone, Freeze, Napier, Chadwell.

I want a quality head coach that can build and sustain a big program.
Ferentz, that’s not a name I’ve seen on VN.

Okay, I've spent my day in Nashville, at Vanderbilt, going from doctor to doctor for routine check-ups. So I've missed a lot. I know Pruitt is gone, and Fulmer is stepping down. Someone fill me in on what I need to know, please?

Reactions: VolsNUT
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back