Trump Supporters Gathering in D.C. - Mayor Readies for Those ‘Seeking Confrontation’

Voodoo
My dad told me that before I went into the Army, but the "leadership" I saw in the late 60s NCO corps was pretty bad. BTW something you might get a kick out of. My dad enlisted in the KS NG I think in 1940 (perhaps 39), and it was a cavalry unit ... with horses. Later the NG was nationalized, and it took a lot of work but he did eventually make his way out of the Army into Aviation Cadets and on to being a fighter pilot in Europe in 1944. So his military career started as a cavalry trooper on horses and ended flying F101s

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I liked the movie but I read the book after watching it. So, so much was left out.

It probably has a lot to do with the attention span of book readers vs most movie buffs ... and the costs of epic movies. You'd really have to make a lot of historical movies in several volumes to do history justice.

Gettysburg was a great one, and it never shows anymore. Erase history.

It's definitely one of my favorites - even my wife has watched it multiple times. The movie was pretty faithful to the book The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara. His son Jeffrey Shaara wrote a prequel and sequel to The Killer Angels. Every book I've read by both the Shaaras has been excellent.

It's definitely one of my favorites - even my wife has watched it multiple times. The movie was pretty faithful to the book The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara. His son Jeffrey Shaara wrote a prequel and sequel to The Killer Angels. Every book I've read by both the Shaaras has been excellent.

All you guys are smart,,,well a lot of you guys and gals. Cant remember the last book I read. Either Flowers for Algernon or Hammer of the Gods

No member is obligated to obey illegal orders and I think the vast majority would consider opening up on civilians an illegal order.
Unless those civilians are domestic enemies, which they surly would be.....in that case they would have sworn to do just that.

All you guys are smart,,,well a lot of you guys and gals. Cant remember the last book I read. Either Flowers for Algernon or Hammer of the Gods

Sometimes it's where you are in life and how much is going on. I always read books from childhood on; but when I went back to UT after the Army, I quit - just too much other reading. After a couple of trips to Japan and trying to stay occupied with magazines, I decided the next trip required a book; so I read Shogun by James Clavell on that trip - and never stopped reading books again after that.

Sometimes it's where you are in life and how much is going on. I always read books from childhood on; but when I went back to UT after the Army, I quit - just too much other reading. After a couple of trips to Japan and trying to stay occupied with magazines, I decided the next trip required a book; so I read Shogun by James Clavell on that trip - and never stopped reading books again after that.

I would rather play guitar with my spare time...which is now limited. When I was out of work in the 2009 era, I would play 6- 8 hours a day. I would wake at 3 AM and play..my best playing

That's pretty cool.

I've read several books about the post WWII Army and in short it was a cluster **** of piss poor leadership. What has really surprised me is how bad Eisenhower treated the Army once he became President.
my grandfather always said it was all about the politics of war for Eisenhower.

never really looked up what all went on.

Unless those civilians are domestic enemies, which they surly would be.....in that case they would have sworn to do just that.
everyone wearing a red hat and upset, like LG has mentioned, doesn't cut it for "domestic enemies" in the reasonable and rational camp.

i am afraid of the pendulum swing we are going to see.

VN Store

Back