Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basilio and John Adams both think Pruitt won't be touchable for Saban. Thinks TN has bought itself some grace. He does think the NCAA adds something.
Adams thinks we need to self impose a bowl ban for next year. And then do a small scholarship reduction, he doesn't think the NCAA adds much of anything else.
I would hope that the NCAA has been consulted along the way to determine the actions needed to minimize the punishment. There are two ways to approach this NCAA stuff, lawyer up and give them the finger or capitulate. Lawyering up has been shown to be effective. We've typically taken the bend over method and paid dearly for it. Will it work this time? We'll see in the next few months.

Are you trolling? You're trolling right?

UCLA (thanks to John Wooden) is and always will be considered a "mecca" of college basketball man. I mean I'd say Barnes has a soft spot for UNC too, but I feel like him being such a student/historian of the game UCLA was the #1 spot. He grew up in the Wooden era watching UCLA and was in college playing as Wooden retired.

I'm not saying Indiana isn't a top tier job, it is. But based on what Barnes himself has said in interviews seems like the only job he'd seriously consider leaving TN for was UCLA, and they came for him with the full bag. I doubt that "perfect storm" will happen again and expect he'll retire here.
You need to do some research on Wooten if you're gonna make that claim.

Sam Gilbert owned the UCLA players

The dark side of the UCLA basketball dynasty

Reactions: shoney
Buddy, you don't know the half of it. As I've said, I'd be fine with a number of guys. Problem is UT will hire Steele

We are bringing confirmed F-U money to the table to hire Steele... I'm confident we won't... NOW, I could totally see us hiring someone like a Herman and Steele is DC... hence the phone book contract he signed with us.

So you preferred to keep the coach and AD to go along with the infractions? Nobody is happy about them. They were happening. Hopefully we can move forward instead of continuing to move backwards.
I think it would have be preferred to handle internally and make a move next year. This is about as bad of time as you can pick to make a coaching hire. We also aired out all of our dirty laundry for the world to see.

I would hope that the NCAA has been consulted along the way to determine the actions needed to minimize the punishment. There are two ways to approach this NCAA stuff, lawyer up and give them the finger or capitulate. Lawyering up has been shown to be effective. We've typically taken the bend over method and paid dearly for it. Will it work this time? We'll see in the next few months.

From what I can tell following this the ncaa wouldn’t have been plugged in on any details until now

jmo

Saving $12 million was not worth what is probably coming down the pipe. We are about to get Plowed, Man.
I don't think this was just about saving 12 million dollars. Someone opened pandora's box and the administration had no choice but to clean house. It might not be as bad as you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back