Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
AP saying this job won’t be attractive at all to coaches with violations looming.

AP needs to log off and help his boy pack. We’re not going to get destroyed or the death penalty. Who cares if we don’t play in the cheeze it bowl next year. Let this stuff run it’s course. It wasn’t a secret there was some bad/stupid stuff going on and Pruitt is to blame. We got rid of him and the staffers that did it.

The night is always darkest before the dawn. We got money people ready to get on the same page and right this thing and start running UT football like a well ran business that is beneficial to the people putting money in and the fans.

Told y’all Friday night he was gone... CJP knew then, formally was told today... I have 0 sources. 0 knowledge.. work in the insurance business... when a house or “houses” are being looked at for purchase, I may get to run some quotes for a “Hom Terman”. But who knows...

this is cool stuff....in my previous place of employment it wasn't all that uncommon for higher level mangers, etc. to come and go.
A guy that worked for me, his mother was the real estate broker that had the contract for corporate relocations for our company.
We always knew who was coming in and in some cases leaving well before any announcements were made.

AP saying this job won’t be attractive at all to coaches with violations looming.
I tend to disagree. If a coach that believes in his abilities to turn around a program, he would come here knowing the possible penalties (coaching issues are being addressed already) would be short term as he tried to build a long term program. It’s a clean slate and he can promote it that way. Any infractions from the NCAA simply provide a grace period for the coach as nobody would expect him to win. But what if he does? Hero...

AP needs to log off and help his boy pack. We’re not going to get destroyed or the death penalty. Who cares if we don’t play in the cheeze it bowl next year. Let this stuff run it’s course. It wasn’t a secret there was some bad/stupid stuff going on and Pruitt is to blame. We got rid of him and the staffers that did it.

The night is always darkest before the dawn. We got money people ready to get on the same page and right this thing and start running UT football like a well ran business that is beneficial to the people putting money in and the fans.
Thank you. We will be fine.

man y'all ran off Simonton. can we please take it easy on AP? Maybe his boss is telling him to play cointerpoint.

Basilio and John Adams both think Pruitt won't be touchable for Saban. Thinks TN has bought itself some grace. He does think the NCAA adds something.
Adams thinks we need to self impose a bowl ban for next year. And then do a small scholarship reduction, he doesn't think the NCAA adds much of anything else.

NCAA won’t do crap. We fired our coach. Scholarship reduction most likely but the NCAA has proven they won’t punish anyone. I’d lawyer up and walk in there and say “Will Wade, Bruce Pearl, Lane Kiffin” case closed walk out.

Probably not great to use two former employees as examples...

Reactions: whitw
That's from batman, Hank. Don't go chasing waterfalls. Just stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to.

We are still falling, haven't yet found rock bottom after all these years. These multiple violations might finally hit that rock. We might have just killed ourselves. Death penalty.

Yup. Definitely looking at multi year bowl bans and scholarship reduction. No big time coach is coming here.

How long have you known the outcome? Be honest. :)

I did not know the final outcome. I knew they had a lot on him, and I knew Fulmer was in equal jeopardy. People wanted them both gone, so removing Pruitt likely meant removing Fulmer-- which some did not want to do this year. I thought the direction changed when Pruitt went with a Birmingham attorney (Bama grad and Saban pal). That switch was telling. Like I said, UT made a bold move. Hope Plowman is an excellent chess player. We'll see.

Say it aint so, if that comes out of this, it was 100% worth it

Price say this will be a stability hire with all the issues going on. Herman probably won't be that guy. I'm have been and am still leaning towards Marrone. Fulmer retiring won't change his candidacy chances. He would've been the coach if the deal with Butch had fell through in late 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back