Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO im not falling for that crap. This team jumped off a cliff in terms of playing bad after getting beat down by Georgia. That had nothing to do with Spring Practice, Summer workouts. That has to do with effort and this team had none once the going got tuff. Austin Pope said it best. The players didnt care to lose. They just laughed and brushed it off. These guys do not truly care about that T on their helmet and it shows.

Hard to care about the T when your head coach is sayin ‘Roll Tide’ under his breath...

NO im not falling for that crap. This team jumped off a cliff in terms of playing bad after getting beat down by Georgia. That had nothing to do with Spring Practice, Summer workouts. That has to do with effort and this team had none once the going got tuff. Austin Pope said it best. The players didnt care to lose. They just laughed and brushed it off. These guys do not truly care about that T on their helmet and it shows.

And the ones who do get laughed at by the coach it seems according to the beautiful Miss Ball. If I met her, I would hope her name would be accurate and she would be ready to be ready to not miss it with me.

If Pruitt is staying, Salter has a chance to save his job. He has the "it" factor imo. We'l see what happens.

If you have to rely on a great QB to save your job, then you’re not a good HC.

If not for Dobbs, Butch would have been fired way sooner.

Would love for Pruitt to pull it off but I just don’t see it bringing Chaney back. I think it’s clear Chaney was looking for a retirement check. He doesn’t recruit and he doesn’t call good games. If Pruitt chose to hire a good OC with Steele calling the D then there would be a chance at a decent season.

IDK why they make the decisions they do. Boyd remains the ultimate decision-maker, but he's trusting his Chancellor and AD to do their jobs and manage their personnel. Chancellor Plowman wanted to retain outside counsel for an extended investigation, and Fulmer wanted to stand behind Pruitt. And that is what has happened.

There have been repercussions from both decisions. There could be more if some players choose not to return to campus this weekend. There could be more once the investigation wraps. Boyd could change the course at any point he chooses. UT doesn't need grounds to fire Pruitt-- all it takes is a check.

While I get their strategy, I don't agree with it. I would have rather fired Pruitt cleanly and rebooted with an experienced HC and a new staff. But I don't run UT. I'm just an alum who supports it.

Thanks for your thoughts and observations. Agree completely based on my observations/experiences and conversations with friends. I hope Randy seizes the opportunity that it is.

I can assure you that A LOT of schools in the SEC have kids who make it 3 years or graduate who are on a middle/high school reading and understanding level. Just the nature of the beast. @Atlanta VOL has alluded to us missing out on a couple of guys because of this. That doesn't happen at Alabama. They see the money that has been rolling in for 10 years and look the other way every now and again. Just a winning at all cost mindset.
Dexter Manley graduated high school, Oklahoma State and played in the NFL for the Washington Redskins and could not read. This sh^t has been going on for a long time. Someone needs to be held accountable for their education or pay them for making the Universities tons of money. Too many people just making money off these players.

Dexter Manley graduated high school, Oklahoma State and played in the NFL for the Washington Redskins and could not read. This sh^t has been going on for a long time. Someone needs to be held accountable for their education or pay them for making the Universities tons of money. Too many people just making money off these players.

I’m not sure how they do it now, but I know how I’d keep someone that like eligible. I’d get someone to say they have a learning disability, and make use of the resources of disability services to keep them eligible (tutoring, extra time on tests, taking tests at a special facility).

Stubborn, bull headed micro manager to legitimate CEO type in what, 3-6 months?
View attachment 339655
If anything, he'll be more pissed at more people than before. People like that, in these situations, don't flourish and grow. They bunker down, entrench themselves, and become even worse.

Like others have mentioned, I think they’re tight lipped on firing Pruitt until after the new enrollees attend classes on Wednesday, Jan 20. Keep it ambiguous until these kids go to their first class.

Let’s make predictions:

-Pruitt fired by the end of next week
-Steele named interim HC and will be our official HC before the end of the year
-Vols receive 21-22 bowl ban but won’t qualify anyway
-Springer and Keon return for a 2nd basketVols season (this is more wishful thinking)

*edit* forgot to post a picture of it @Bassmaster_Vol

View attachment 339733
Like the Benchmade knives. Wife got me a skinner for my birthday that I’ve been trying to find a inside the pocket sheath for so I can carry it. I always carry the leatherman skeletool along with either a Graham Razel, southern grind Jackel and just got a SOG kiku XR for Xmas that’s in my rotation at the moment. 8F71B27A-9B3E-4A3B-99FC-08538F2DD56A.jpeg

Like others have mentioned, I think they’re tight lipped on firing Pruitt until after the new enrollees attend classes on Wednesday, Jan 20. Keep it ambiguous until these kids go to their first class.

Let’s make predictions:

-Pruitt fired by the end of next week
-Steele named interim HC and will be our official HC before the end of the year
-Vols receive 21-22 bowl ban but won’t qualify anyway
-Springer and Keon return for a 2nd basketVols season (this is more wishful thinking)

Prediction:

-Pruitt is coach in 2021

Like the Benchmade knives. Wife got me a skinner for my birthday that I’ve been trying to find a inside the pocket sheath for so I can carry it. I always carry the leatherman skeletool along with either a Graham Razel, southern grind Jackel and just got a SOG kiku XR for Xmas that’s in my rotation at the moment. View attachment 339736

Great looking knife.

The quality is excellent, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back