Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe COVID is real, but I also believe it was highly politicized so it could be used as a weapon against the sitting POTUS. If the person in office had been of a different political affiliation, I don't think the mostly liberal MSM would have covered it the same way. And that's coming from someone that detests all political parties and Donald Trump.

I am conservative and I believe you are right. Both sides are guilty of politicizing this thing though, and that is extremely unfortunate.

This is why it doesn't matter who the coach is at UT. You can't fire azzhole boosters. You either tell them to shove their money up their ass (not going to happen) or you let mother nature deal with them
You don't take money with strings attached. Boosters should never be the decision makers. Get a competent AD and let him/her make those decisions free from the interference of boosters. The best way to get the money is to field a winning program.

Reactions: Vols4us
Agree. So if said HC who makes $4+ M per year is that myopic and hard headed, does he deserved the honor of being the HC of the Tennessee Volunteers? Because it is a high honor as the state's highest paid employee to be employed in that position. The actions he has taken over 3 years tells even the average bandwagon fan he is incompetent. He and the program are a laughingstock nationally. Our opponents are thrilled UT is handling him and the situation as poorly as it can be handled. They all hope he remains the HC.

So again, why is UT satisfied with status quo incompetence out of the flagship, tradition rich athletic program of the university of the legendary SEC?

EDIT: Second highest with CRB.

IDK why they make the decisions they do. Boyd remains the ultimate decision-maker, but he's trusting his Chancellor and AD to do their jobs and manage their personnel. Chancellor Plowman wanted to retain outside counsel for an extended investigation, and Fulmer wanted to stand behind Pruitt. And that is what has happened.

There have been repercussions from both decisions. There could be more if some players choose not to return to campus this weekend. There could be more once the investigation wraps. Boyd could change the course at any point he chooses. UT doesn't need grounds to fire Pruitt-- all it takes is a check.

While I get their strategy, I don't agree with it. I would have rather fired Pruitt cleanly and rebooted with an experienced HC and a new staff. But I don't run UT. I'm just an alum who supports it.

Lots of people think the Corona virus is a myth and it's a world wide conspiracy. Two of my best friends have died from this myth and it appears the second wave of the myth is stronger than the first wave. This myth is not interrupting any of our basketball games or practice--------oh wait

I don’t mean to downplay the Corona virus at all. It is real and it has killed some of my family. I mean that the UT coaching staff doing a piss poor job of handling the situation compared to our competition, does not excuse on field performance.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
IDK why they make the decisions they do. Boyd remains the ultimate decision-maker, but he's trusting his Chancellor and AD to do their jobs and manage their personnel. Chancellor Plowman wanted to retain outside counsel for an extended investigation, and Fulmer wanted to stand behind Pruitt. And that is what has happened.

There have been repercussions from both decisions. There could be more if some players choose not to return to campus this weekend. There could be more once the investigation wraps. Boyd could change the course at any point he chooses. UT doesn't need grounds to fire Pruitt-- all it takes is a check.

While I get their strategy, I don't agree with it. I would have rather fired Pruitt cleanly and rebooted with an experienced HC and a new staff. But I don't run UT. I'm just an alum who supports it.
I don't even get their strategy unless the end goal is failure. If that's the case, they're playing it masterfully.

I am conservative and I believe you are right. Both sides are guilty of politicizing this thing though, and that is extremely unfortunate.
The Cabal eliminates ALL threats regardless of political persuasion....

After that short statement, I will be going into hiding for an indefinite period of time...

Yep. A lot of hype over a video tutorial. If he were The Godfather of RPO that people believe from watching that video, somebody would have snatched him up long before he got on as GA at UT.
Why’d it take Chip Kelly so long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back