Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our main issue was the QB melt down of JG...... after his meltdown..... it left any areas of weakness we had for everyone to see..... progress isn’t made during the season as much as it is during the off-season...I’m not sold on Pruitt and I am fine if they let him go but the 3 wins last season has absolutely no bearing on how next season will.... the way the ut administration is trying to sabatoge the football program does affect how we can progress next year.
The excuses are already starting to be made for next season. It's not Pruitt's fault. It's the administration's fault.

except we played our best ball at the beginning.... hence why we beat Missouri and they looked better at the end of the year. If we had started 0-3 then won games... i would hear your argument. We even had extended time to prepare for opponents due to postponements and still got ran. We didn’t get better the more we practiced throughout the year... we got worse, much worse.

3f2.jpeg

@frank should just make mine "LA"-- problem solved. Call me The Fixer. I can fix all sorts of problems. For example, the LVs are an embarrassment. Pat would hate it. Fans hate it. Former LVs really, really hate it. Too much hate. Make them an intramural team. They can win games against lesser opponents, and UT won't have to pretend we're fielding an SEC team. Problem fixed.
LOL, you must have read my post from last night. By the way, @volatil is a communist, lady Vol hatin' bastage.

Maybe Pruitt can pull a 9-3 season out of his ass and leave on his own merit when his stock goes back up. That's all we can hope for atp.

The excuses are already starting to be made for next season. It's not Pruitt's fault. It's the administration's fault.
I’m not making excuses for Pruitt..... I don’t care one way or the other about him besides I want to win football games..... if we are going to do that..... we all have to start moving in the same direction.....the UT administration does not need to be ruining our reputation with other coaches or recruits..... if they wanted to fire him for 3-7 then sack up and fire him..... don’t drag out this nonsense.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
I don’t think I’d lean one way or the other until we hear something definite. Idc if he’s flying to Kalamazoo to talk with players. This sh*% ain’t over til it’s over

Fulmer is a stone cold, 80 IQ-having moron if he hires Kevin Steele.

How can he look around the CFB landscape and see high-flying offenses dominating, then look at the 3-7 Vols with a defensive-oriented head coach, and decide that hiring ANOTHER defensive-oriented head coach with a much, MUCH worse head coaching record than the guy he may be firing is the solution?

If it happens, he's just being lazy and hiring someone he's comfortable with or that he thinks he can control. He wants to be head coach again by proxy. Would take Marrone in a heartbeat over Steele. This is just madness.

I think that's what it comes down to, comfort and control. Fulmer doesn't want to make the same mistake that got him fired in 08 with the Clawson hire. He'll stick to what he's comfortable with and can control. It's why Freeze will never be a coach here with Fulmer as AD.

Reactions: VolByLaw
So Pruitt's back... what is Chaney's buyout... Freddie Kitchen's need an OC gig? He's just coaching TE's last time I checked

HC: Pruitt
OC/QB: Kitchens
OL: ???
RB: JG
WR: Tee
TE: Joe O

DC/Safeties: Ansley
DC/ ILB: Steele
DL: Garner
OLB: Felton
Corners: ???

Just doesn’t make sense...especially since this trip was planned prior to his meeting yesterday
So, they planned on having Steele on board and taking him on this visit to bring HT back in the fold? That's a lot to digest. So they're gonna tell HT and his family that everything is ok on the hill and not to worry because Pruitt is still gonna be his head coach.

Yep. This is a chicken or the egg thing that I think most people don't get. Kind of similar to when people say "he struggles because he has no confidence." No. He's been struggling, and what's why he has no confidence. In order to get some confidence, he needs to string some good play together, then get some confidence, and then it builds on itself in a snowball effect.

Certainly is a circle. Good leadership begets good results, which begets good leadership.

But you are 100% putting the cart before the horse. It all starts with the right leader(s) who create good culture.

We are probably saying the same thing to a large degree, but you don’t start winning and then leadership develops. No organization works that way. None. Leadership may finally be recognized when the winning starts, but it was that leadership which led to the winning in the first place.

All that said, I assume the person who referenced Al Wilson coming to the hill was tongue in cheek, because that ain’t it 😂

I think hiring Steele to wear many hats while sticking Auburn with the tab is one of the few smart plays in this whole debacle. It's right out of Saban's playbook.
lol at least we can say we made a smart play while tanking the program even more? thats....something, i guess.

If we hire Kevin Steele I’ll vomit. And honestly, not sure I’d even watch a dang game next season. If he’s a legitimate option we are even worse off than I thought

Is the goal to hire a particular coach or win games? He coached at Baylor 20 years ago. It wasn't good. I did some things 20 years ago I probably wouldn't do now. Might be good to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves that he isn't the guy.

And no, I'm not saying he is, I just think that refusing to support a coach before he's coached his first game in 2 decades might be premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back