The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

All set up!

Looks Nice ! Let me know what you think of it. I’m debating between that and an AR-9. I looked at the Manual and the action for the Ruger looked decidedly different. I’d be interested in your thoughts about how robust it is and how easy it is to clean vs an AR.

Federal Premium has some 9mm in stock on their website today.

Their shipping is $12 flat. If you want a box or two it probably won’t be worth it.......paying the price, $12 shipping and tax.

However if your looking for $150 or more it’s free shipping, and the price is reasonable for “right now” standards, price is $26.99 (Hydra Shok).

Keep checking daily if you need ammunition. I got 2 boxes of FMJ’s (2 box limit) and a bunch of defense rounds yesterday for a good price. $22.99 & $22.99 respectively.

Thanks. Most sites float "reasonable" deals from daily to weekly. I've seen decent prices on 556/223 and even 300 BLK at PSA and Midway. I have been told that Academy has good prices in store, but you have to be there first thing to get anything.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
@VolunteerHillbilly

I don't know who among us has SBR's / AR pistols, and I am a relative newcomer to the arena, but in what little research I have done, the Hornady TAP 75 SBR is among the best. Low/no flash signature; reduced recoil; and very accurate (out to 100 yards). They say it's cleaner burning, but it seems to me that my SBR runs a lot "dirtier" than my 16" AR's. I would also put the 75 GDSP at the top of the pile. Both are top-notch SBR ammo, and both are bonded and barrier-blind.

That being said, the Miwall 75 HBPT (they use Hornady brass, BTW) has a POI that is dead-on with the TAP 75 SBR, so it's good ammo for zero-ing and practice.

FWIW, you can cook a hot dog with my Colt shorty if firing 55 FMJ. So I stick with the SBR-specific ammo for that gun.

R/

Insane: just got an email from Cheaper than Dirt re: 9 mm in stock. $2/round for target/FMJ. Unbelievable.

VN Store

Back