Game Thread: Lady Vols at LSU

Whatever she played the last five minutes like a Pro and is the reason we took home the win today.
1-3 from the field and two rebounds.

granted the one basket was the game winner and the rebound was the last play of the game, but no, she didn’t play like a pro the last five minutes.

Alabama fans are lucky to have Kristy Curry on the sidelines consistently getting more out of less than any other coach in the SEC. As long as she’s coaching, I feel like her teams will always make opposing coaches feel a little uneasy with worry about upsets. They really play hard for Curry.
Ivocd, your comments are troubling. Kellie will never restore UT to the elite status if she is not able to get her team to play their best.

I still believe both Tamari and Kasi would benefit greatly from wearing protective eyewear during games. Also, Tamari appears — to me, anyway — to be visibly terrified that her braids are going to get yanked off. 😢 I hate that for her because I’m sure it is already difficult enough in our society for elite basketball players to feel pretty when they’re in sweaty, body-bruising battles on TV for all to see, but it’s probably doubly difficult for those above-average height women.

For anyone who is tempted to say, “They shouldn’t be concerned about their looks during a basketball game!” ... just STOP. These aren’t robots. They aren’t even fully-developed adults quite yet. They are young women who have every right to want to look and feel pretty, even during games, if that’s important to them.

All that said, my personal preference would be that, come gametime, that all our players who are always so gorgeous off the court, would be self-confident enough to become total tomboys who don’t care one iota what they look like on the way to slaughtering opponents who are busy making sure their hairbows are tidy. lol

I wish there were a way for Tamari to arrange her braids — perhaps into ONE braid? — that would help her to relax and worry less about it.

Loved how she stepped up for her team today!🥰

Last edited:
I am going to give my one negative criticism for the game, and I feel okay with giving it because I give it with respect and love:

Rennia Davis, for as much as I admire and appreciate her usual greatness in her role as our senior superstar, she is still capable of breaking the heart of this ol’ “body language watcher” in two.

Today, because she was well defended, Rennia visibly appeared to wallow in self-pity that things weren’t going well for her personally. IMO, this is unacceptable behavior for a senior leader, and my hope is that she’ll apologize to her teammates and pledge to do her best to correct that behavior.

When Rennia is covered up, she should be LIFTING UP her teammates with encouraging words and body language that screams, “THEY’VE GOT ME COVERED, BUT I AM 100% CONFIDENT AND HAPPY THAT MY TEAMMATES WILL PUNISH THEM FOR ME!” Instead, she’s prone to looking uninterested in huddles when the going gets tough.

Rennia, for the love of God, PLEASE work on that aspect of your game because your teammates are watching you. Always. Show them that you are a TEAM player, not just a player who is fired up only when you, personally, are having a great game. You making an effort to look and sound just as fired up and involved in the game regardless of your individual performance will absolutely GUARANTEE future success.
Your comments are right on, Ivocd. Rennia is the leader of this team. She has to show leadership by her play, demeanor and words.

I for one do not understand your post .He said nothing about Coach Harper and generally referenced Curry does more with less than other coaches.Curry has definitely outcoached the Lady Vols for the past 3 years.

Reactions: mcannon1
But darth said she cant play at this level because she can not shoot a jumper.

Miles has a season in HS to work on her jumper (which isn't as bad as all that),,,but I don't want her for her jumper anyway, we have ton of shooters coming in,,,we need a quick defensive guard to keep up with these mighty-mites,,,the main reason I want one that size, is because we dwarf most of the players we play thatsize, it seems we get penalized for being big by the zebras

Pointer is good so good that many ppl have her going in the 2nd round in the WNBA draft with a PG heavy class

We made her look better than she is,,,If I had been coaching, there would have been a "message: foul or two,,,,"stay out of my paint!"
I know that sounds mean, but, I'm not paid to be nice, I am paid to win games and stop opposition's go-to players

1-3 from the field and two rebounds.

granted the one basket was the game winner and the rebound was the last play of the game, but no, she didn’t play like a pro the last five minutes.
Points are not what always counts she ran the team really well and I think she played like a Pro if you don't that is your opinion everybody has one.

Reactions: mikey2smart
Ivocd, your comments are troubling. Kellie will never restore UT to the elite status if she is not able to get her team to play their best.

I didn’t say anything about Kellie, and wasn’t even implying anything. It was a simple statement of observed fact that Curry’s players play hard for her.

Reactions: mcannon1
I think she took herself out of the game with a couple of bad fouls.
Imagine you,
blaming Horston...Inconceivable
giphy.gif

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Is it just gonna be a blood fest all season in the SEC? These teams are really beating up on each other 😂

I for one do not understand your post .He said nothing about Coach Harper and generally referenced Curry does more with less than other coaches.Curry has definitely outcoached the Lady Vols for the past 3 years.
Why was this not posted a a reply? Really...?

The body language — she looked like her legs were rubber from nerves! — and the look on on Horston’s face as time ran out and the Lady Vols had won, was priceless! Bless her, she was soooooo relieved. I was happy to see Kellie go to her to give her some love because she might have fainted without the support. lol

But seriously, as much as we all know our team should have won by 15-plus, that could turn out to be an important game going forward. It’ll be a MUCH more enjoyable, powerful teaching game for our players and staff since it resulted in a win than would have been received if LSU had come out on top. Tennessee can draw on the knowledge/feelings of WINNING the road game against a relentless opponent.

Moving forward!!!!
Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 6.30.54 PM.png

There is good and bad in every game. Why is it that people get so upset when anyone points out the bad?

Agree that it's okay to observe and objectively critique team, staff, and individual performancs. This wasn't anybody's best performance including the coaching staff.

What really crosses the line are the personal slams about hairstyles, intelligence, etc.

Miles has a season in HS to work on her jumper (which isn't as bad as all that),,,but I don't want her for her jumper anyway, we have ton of shooters coming in,,,we need a quick defensive guard to keep up with these mighty-mites,,,the main reason I want one that size, is because we dwarf most of the players we play thatsize, it seems we get penalized for being big by the zebras

We made her look better than she is,,,If I had been coaching, there would have been a "message: foul or two,,,,"stay out of my paint!"
I know that sounds mean, but, I'm not paid to be nice, I am paid to win games and stop opposition's go-to players
There can be an advantage closer to the ground.

VN Store

Back