College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

NCAA tournament protocols:
- Tier 1 most undergo 7 consecutive negative tests prior to arrival in Indy.
- All teams housed in Marion County hotels. Meals either in-room or physically distanced meal rooms.
- Tier 1 must wear KINEXON movement devices during tourney.
What is tier 1?

Indiana vs. Wisconsin heading to overtime. I thought the stat regarding Indiana winning their first game in the Kohl Center and losing the next 17 was pretty funny.

The BYU vs. Gonzaga game seems like a total dud, but maybe Illinois vs. Northwestern will provide some entertainment shortly and I'd like to see if Nevada can knock off SDSU.

Cardwell looking good for Auburn against Alabama.
I wanted Cardwell so bad, he could have been the missing piece for this UT team. Would have been the perfect player to give Fulk and Pons some rest, because he rebounds and block shots. Next year, Cardwell and Jabari are going to be hard to handle

Reactions: cardvolfan
Sigh, and this is when UK's seasons starts to turn around probably.
I told anyone writing them off to watch out. Too much talent to believe they wouldn't put it together at some point. Covid hurt them as much as anyone without ever touching a single player. It disrupted their offseason and preseason preparation enough that it took them longer to develop team chemistry, especially coupled with the loss of everyone but Keion Brooks, who played in his first game of the season today, I believe.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I told anyone writing them off to watch out. Too much talent to believe they wouldn't put it together at some point. Covid hurt them as much as anyone without ever touching a single player. It disrupted their offseason and preseason preparation enough that it took them longer to develop team chemistry, especially coupled with the loss of everyone but Keion Brooks, who played in his first game of the season today, I believe.
Anyone with an ounce of basketball knowledge or logic knew Kentucky would eventually click. It's actually happening early. They are in a weird position. They are a threat to win the conference but still have a lot of work to do to get in the NCAA Tournament.

Anyone with an ounce of basketball knowledge or logic knew Kentucky would eventually click. It's actually happening early. They are in a weird position. They are a threat to win the conference but still have a lot of work to do to get in the NCAA Tournament.
If they play well in conference play then they’re in, just ask Ohio St football

Looks like you’ve been attending the Bruin school of back patting

Lol

It’s hard to be humble around here I agree

as far as Kentucky goes it’s a perfect storm
For them. Sure they were always going to get better and with the SEC flat being awful that is accelerated by being able to wrack up wins against bad teams which increases confidence.

Good grief...I'm not looking for affirmation or an "atta boy". I'm just acknowledging that not everyone held the naive belief that Kentucky was suddenly untalented or that Cal somehow forgot how to teach/coach his one-and-one model. I said many times that it would be foolish to write them off early on and gave ample evidence as to why. A lot of people on here live very much in the moment thru recency bias and let their dislike for a team (Kentucky) cloud their better judgement.

For some reason, you seem to have taken a real interest in clashing with me over the past 6 months, or so. I guess I could easily suggest you've been to the Roustabout school of being an obnoxious prick who goes looking for trouble, but I'm not out looking for it, myself, so I'll just wish you a good day, instead.

NCAA tournament protocols:
- Tier 1 most undergo 7 consecutive negative tests prior to arrival in Indy.
- All teams housed in Marion County hotels. Meals either in-room or physically distanced meal rooms.
- Tier 1 must wear KINEXON movement devices during tourney.

I wonder if all this can become moot by giving all the players the one dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine prior to mid March? I wouldn't rule this possibility out

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back