College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

What really stinks is we probably need to root for Kentucky tonight over Alabama since we still play Kentucky twice and don't get another shot at bama

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yep, he has done really well. He has certainly bucked the trend of former NBAers turned coaches. Of course, he also had the most pedigree, too. Not surprising to see him outpace Penny and Stack. He's also a heck of a recruiter.

I wonder if Udonis Haslem will be next?

The next player to go straight into coaching. He is highly regarded by Pat Riley
Ahh, wasn't aware. Don't follow the NBA past the draft. He might be if Riley is vouching for him. Hopefully he puts time in as an assistant and doesn't jump at the first head gig, too early.

Last edited:
Wisconsin jumped us in poll now down 32 tonite
Just yesterday, I noted that our lone legitimate gripe with the current top-10 isn't with Michigan jumping us, but with Wisconsin being ahead of us with two losses to .500 teams. This bludgeoning should fix that issue even if we don't play a single minute, this week...haha. They are better than what they're showing tonight, but they are gonna finish the night with two questionable losses and a complete beatdown to the best team they've faced.

The Kentucky kid, Ben Jordan, that passed away overnight that you may have heard mentioned in tonight's broadcast was from my neck of the woods. I didn't know him personally, but I know many who did. He was an awesome baseball and basketbal player in high school, here regionally, and then went to UK on a baseball scholarship as a pitcher. Walked on the basketball team, last year (he was 6-9). Was a top-100 baseball player, nationally as a SR, but had to have Tommy John surgery during his senior season.

Just a real tragedy for this area. He was supposedly a really good kid.

Michigan looks really good...putting a beat down on #9 Wisconsin up 30 in the 2nd half
They do look really good. Still believe as the season goes on the stage will get too big for the talent they have right now. Saying that... college bball is better when Michigan is good. Imo
I’ll forever be a Michigan fan because they helped with the removal of the nuthuggers I was wearing in high school. LOL

Was watching the Ole Miss/Florida game tonight and they paid tribute to a 22 year old walk on basketball player for Kentucky that died. He played on the baseball squad.

VN Store

Back