Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only way Fisher would be successful is if he put together a great staff and let them do their job like Mack Brown and Herm Edwards have done.

Which is exactly what I think he would do. I'm a little excited about UT football for the first time in a while thinking about this hire.

I'm sure I will get kicked in the nuts and we won't even give him a look but I have to think that Fulmer would be intrigued and even the Haslam's.

Fisher might be one of the only realistic hires that could get everyone on the same page.

Reactions: UTwild82
As stated, he might not have had control over those personnel decisions. And everyone in the NFL ran similar concepts until recently. The Oilers and Rams had terrible players when he was there.

He is well known in TN and would be a big name hire. Recruits would listen.
Never had more than 2 (Two) consecutive winning seasons which means he couldn't build consistency. Most 17-18's may know the name but little else. As Bruin notes, he didn't get sniff for the Vandy opening so what does that tell you. Don't think he would be successful. Obviously you do based on what??

Reactions: drvenner
Well, this board doesn't make decisions for UT.

Plenty of first-time HCs stabilize programs-- just not the one we hired. Like many, I thought Pruitt was a red-flag hire, but the thinking was he would grow into the role with guidance.
Honestly it’s all about luck when hiring college coaches. If it were up to Florida Chip Kelly or Scott Frost would be their coach, and those hires were considered home runs by UCLA and Nebraska. We just gotta get lucky.

Yup, I want

HC- Gus
OC/QB - Major Applewhite
RB - Jay Graham
WR - Tee
DC/DB- Charlie Strong

Major Applewhite is on the payroll at $43,350 and I'm assuming Charlie is making around the same.

Reactions: JustSomeVolFan
Never had more than 2 (Two) consecutive winning seasons which means he couldn't build consistency. Most 17-18's may know the name but little else. As Bruin notes, he didn't get sniff for the Vandy opening so what does that tell you. Don't think he would be successful. Obviously you do based on what??

Are we really going to base a Vandy "decision" on not looking at him a reason for us not to? They've had one good hire in...well ever. And Franklin wasn't a sure thing at the time.

Nobody knows how those Vandy convos went but their choosing not to pursue him has no bearing on us.

Pruitt was a bridge hire. Bring him in, give him what he needs and, at least, he'll stabilize the program and build a roster for the next guy, they thought. Repeating a failed strategy probably isn't the way to go.

We don't need bridge hires. We need get it done guys.
This was so avoidable with even mediocre foresight. Pruitt doesn’t fit the profile of a bridge hire at all. He was a high risk/high reward guy from day one. Shows the intelligence over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back