Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys send some prayers to my family. My Grandmother is in her final days from a battle with cancer. Hospice has said she is probably gonna pass in the next few days. About to head up to Knoxville now to hopefully get to see her before she passes.
Prayers sent for you and your family. Stay safe with the Covid issue and don't let your guard down.

I think Fisher could adapt if he really has been studying the SEC. And Bailey would stay and be prepared for the NFL. I think Fisher would be the CEO type we need and could bring in good coordinators. Keep Jay Graham and Tee for recruiting and have a guy like Eddie George as an analyst.

His OC hire would be the key but we would not be an undeveloped disaster like most of the past decade.
Ok..

Hey guys send some prayers to my family. My Grandmother is in her final days from a battle with cancer. Hospice has said she is probably gonna pass in the next few days. About to head up to Knoxville now to hopefully get to see her before she passes.
Sorry man..prayers 🙏

We would've landed Gilbert for sure if this wasn't happening.
Sucks man, he would’ve help our offense tremendously now he’s probably going to Florida and be their next version of Pitts. From what’s been posted Gilbert initially went to the portal with the intention of coming to UT. We can’t have nice things.

Exactly what we thought, but have we ruined the possibility of that happening?

A bridge hire scenario becomes more likely when you wait and wait, fire late and are forced to go further down your list than you ever imagined. We've done that several times. I'd hate to see us do it again. We have to be smarter this time.

I don't post often, work a lot, etc. Not going to criticize anyone's personal opinion, and if by some miracle Pruitt is retained for the 2021 season, I will continue watching, because at 54 years old, the Big Orange blood runs very deep in me, but if we do make a change, I hope and pray it's a Coach that is solid on the fundamentals and someone who is detail oriented but at the same time a CEO type, and not a micro manager.

We have a long ways to go to get back to being competitive and we need a coach and staff that can unify our fan base, and most importantly WIN lots of games, because when that happens on a consistent basis, it's easy to get everyone on the same page, etc.. I know I'm stating the obvious, and nothing earth shattering, but I'll always pull for the Vols and Lady Vols, win, lose or draw.. We only lose when we give up and let apathy take over, and speaking for myself that's not in my DNA.. GBO!!

If it was all/mostly Lanes fault and nothing to do with our administration and big money people, we wouldn't have wollered in mediocrity/irrelevancy for over a decade. We would have rebounded and been fine.
Lane leaving caused a ripple effect of disfunction when it happened. He was a splash hire that Hamilton screwed up. Yes a better hire could have been made but it created a “something must be wrong” mentality about the program around the country.

Mediocrity happens when leadership is off. There has been a power struggle going on within the university for years. It was stymied while Fulmer was winning. As soon as it happened, the struggle began. It seems there are too many factions and I think Fulmer being AD there makes them worse. It’s time for him to ride off into the sunset. We need someone that can unite everyone to be on the same page in that role. It is too bad Pat isn’t around to be in that role. I think it needs to be a former player. Peyton would be ideal but that won’t happen.

I think a Kevin Mayes, Dane Bradshaw or Josh Dobbs in the future would be great in that role. It needs to be someone that everyone loves and has the intellect and personality to bring unity.

Reactions: Volnut
Would take Fisher over Marrone and Gase in a heartbeat. Would want to know who his OC/DC would be and how he would staff it for recruiting. Jay and possibly Tee could be really important for that. We are at that stage of having to take somebody that wants to be here that has the ability to deliver 8-4 consistently while the program is rebuilt. As it stands this is a 2-4 win per season program. The real fall out is worsening daily as is public perception.

This won’t be popular, but I’d take Marrone over Fisher just because he’s actually been an HC in college. Gase would be at the bottom down around Chadwell and Satterfield for me.

Praying for God's peace and comfort for you and your family.

He wants to run the football program without interference or input from the athletic department or boosters.

He wants a beefed up support staff (which we’ve already given Pruitt.)

He wants everyone rowing in the same direction.

We are not a fit with this.
Will you explain exactly what interference/input you're referring to?

Sucks man, he would’ve help our offense tremendously now he’s probably going to Florida and be their next version of Pitts. From what’s been posted Gilbert initially went to the portal with the intention of coming to UT. We can’t have nice things.
TN timing is always the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back