Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish i could say good call buddy. Hopefully someone comes in and talks him back in. Wanye was really lazy tho but still hate to see it
People think these guys are transferring because we’re firing Pruitt, but the reality is they just don’t want to spend three or four years sucking and know that’s likely what’s about to happen.

Thamel on Finebaum:
  • Looks like trying to sabotage own coach to save $12M;
  • Long term - Pruitt doesn't survive
  • This is what happens when you hire Fulmer as AD with no experience
  • Very predictable.
Finebaum: What is the end game?

Thamel: Have to decide - do we want Fulmer. New President has inherited a complex situation due to the extensions and raises with Pruitt and Fulmer. Tennessee is like the Saturday Night Live skit of the SEC. What is Tennessee doing? Clearly no direction. Whether its days weeks or months, cannot see a path where Pruitt survives this.
I agree with Thamel. Fulmer messed everything up with the extension

People think these guys are transferring because we’re firing Pruitt, but the reality is they just don’t want to spend three or four years sucking and know that’s likely what’s about to happen.

They probably want an actual chance to play in a big game. I don't blame them. We have let this fester to the point that that now no matter what's true it all looks toxic.

Right. Its not a Pruitt issue. It’s an unknown issue because at this point i don’t even think you can name an interim. That’s why you have to fire/hire.

And the complete crap show this has turned into. Even if they keep him, they know their position coach is going to be a McGoogle now.

Exactly. If they really wanted to play for Pruitt why are they all leaving? I would love to see Jeff Fisher get a look at the HC. I think someone like him could stop this leaving by players and really build a solid program but we don't hire good HC's. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back