Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly, i'm not.

i wouldn't say i'm overly confident or anything either. but i'm not really all that worried about it.

i do think he has issues....issues that can get a coach fired.

i also think there were things that happened this year that he, nor PF, handled very well, but i'm interested to see how motivated they might be to "prove err'body wrong".

either way, i think buying a little more time helps us in the long run. they either do, in fact, prove us wrong and we're happy with the results, or we fire him and bring in somebody else....
That's where I get worried. How bad does it have to be to fire him? How bad will our team be then? Who we going to get to replace him when it worse than after Butch? Because the fans are not going to shut up all spring, summer, or fall. They will be in a frenzy over any little thing. The media will love it. And we will be depending on this administration to fire at the right time and make a good hire. The only thing that would shut everyone up is a win over GA, FL or AL....

You can't do this any worse. Sounds like we still have people fighting to get their way even if they ruin the program.
We really need for one side to win and at least pick a direction for the future, but I don't have a clue which side is the one I want to win..do you?

I want the side to win that is truly committed to bringing us back, but what if that side happens to be the one that wants to give Pruitt more time right now?

This is a weird situation all the way around..but I know that I am a Vol win or lose. As many times over the years as I have felt that I was out and couldn't take it anymore and swore I wasn't watching another game....I am still here, and I will be here till I die.

I hope that somebody at UT cares about folks like us, and truly wants to reward that love with a program worthy of it. That is the side that I want to win this contest of wills.

Last edited:
Ok enough is enough I cave. He isn't going anywhere this year so might as well accept it. @SLICKYINC and @HoleInTheRoof can I have my seat back on the logical fan bus ? We got assistants to hire and players to recruit

Too early to throw in the towel, my friend. This situation (disaster) is a long way from being played out.

I hate rummaging through 30 pages of this thread to come to the realization that Pruitt is still our head coach
What you need to do is just go to the last page to save time. After that just pick out posters that you believe have solid information and search their posts. It's a lot cleaner that way and saves lots of time.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
But if it’s an investigation, how do people outside of the Admin/NCAA have any power at all? Are they pressuring the compliance department to dig until they find something?
Because there are different blocks of big time donors, the ones that truly put their money where their mouth is, and they have influence because of that money. We are caught in the middle.

Practically everything Doug says in his weekly interviews and on his Sunday radio show is based on his weekly conversations with Phil They still talk regularly. And before Phil got the AD gig, Phil was Doug's co-host on another weekly radio show.
I get that but Doug has been wrong on a ton of stuff since Phil took over and I’m not saying he’s lying i just think he speculates a lot like everyone else but his past relationship with fulmer makes his word appear to be gold-ish.

Brent and AP are the most connected and really the only truly connected people in media that’s because they do so much recruiting so coaches like to use them as mediators for recruits. So they build relationships with them (not like Austin with this staff which is borderline obsessive). They also have a mutual respect with the university. That’s why they didn’t “break” the investigation story. I know for sure that they knew about it at least for a week before it was broken but you don’t report that kind of thing without the ok.... if you do it anyway then you’ll be blacklisted and never get a bit of information again. trey guessed on that story because a poster on VQ made a thread asking if it’s true ncaa/compliance is looking into UT it got bumped a couple times and then nuked.

New conspiracy theory.... They created the investigation to torture Vol fans both those wanting him fired and those terrified of sanctions. They keep dragging it out letting everyone vent on social media thinking they are doing something. Then they say they found nothing, and at least some fans are relieved and happy to keep him another year. By then everyone is exhausted.

Someone should make a list of all the posters swearing they’ll leave if Pruitt stays.

Like I said previously - it’s like the celebrities who swear they’ll move to another country if a political leader they dislike is elected - only to never leave. Neither will these posters.
Send the list to Frank and perma ban. Football sucks but you don't quit.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
New conspiracy theory.... They created the investigation to torture Vol fans both those wanting him fired and those terrified of sanctions. They keep dragging it out letting everyone vent on social media thinking they are doing something. Then they say they found nothing, and at least some fans are relieved and happy to keep him another year. By then everyone is exhausted.
That would be diabolical

Reactions: SweetasSoda
We really need for one side to win and at least pick a direction fir tbe future, but I don't have a clue which side is the one I want to win..do you?

I want the side to win that is truly committed to bringing us back, but what if that side happens to be the one that wants to give Pruitt more time right now?

This is a weird situation all the way around..but I know that I am a Vol win or lose. As many times over the years as I have felt that I was out and couldn't take it anymore and swite I wasn't watching another game....I am still here, and I will be here till I die.

I hope that somebody at UT cares about folks like us, and truly wants to reward that love with a program worthy of it. That is the side that I want to win this contest of wills.
I think both sides want to bring us back. But they're more worried about getting credit for being right than working together to make it happen.

Someone should make a list of all the posters swearing they’ll leave if Pruitt stays.

Like I said previously - it’s like the celebrities who swear they’ll move to another country if a political leader they dislike is elected - only to never leave. Neither will these posters.

I think "leave" should be defined if you're going to call out posters. For me, "leave" means that I will no longer spend money on going to games and will find other things to do on Saturday. While we're at it, let's also make a list of folks that are blindly supporting mediocrity within the football program and ban them from whining after every blowout loss.

That's where I get worried. How bad does it have to be to fire him? How bad will our team be then? Who we going to get to replace him when it worse than after Butch? Because the fans are not going to shut up all spring, summer, or fall. They will be in a frenzy over any little thing. The media will love it. And we will be depending on this administration to fire at the right time and make a good hire. The only thing that would shut everyone up is a win over GA, FL or AL....
All legit concerns.

I don’t either and also... make no mistake about it. This is all for football reasons. If Pruitt went 7-3 last year, none of this would be happening. So that is just a silly statement.
I have a bad feeling that the Haslam block has been waiting for something like this to happen since the Schianomo so they could wrest control back for good, and it is absolutely insane to me that you or anybody else would want Pruitt fired bad enough RIGHT NOW to give them that control back. Those idiots and their nerd bean counters are the real reason we are in this mess to start with...I remember.

People are so mercurial and shortsighted in this day and age...

I think Pruitt needs to go now too, but not if that group regains control by doing so. They have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that their priority has never been commitment to excellence.

We can only hope it looks more like Dooley's last staff than the one Butch put together. At least Dooley was able to get Pittman and Graham. I'm afraid Pruitt will end up with coaches more in line with Kevin Beard and Walt Wells.
That would be a sign. Something tells me that's not the route they take tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back