Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be the absolute death nail in this program. I cannot believe you all think hiring Douglas Marrone would be an improvement to this football team.

WHY HE SUCKS
Had a winning record twice in four years at Syracuse when they were still the Big East. 25-25 overall & a .388 winning percentage in the NFL.
As an NFL HC he had a winning record twice from 2013 to 2020. Think VN would be cool with another slow rebuild?
From 2013 to 2020 his offenses have ranked in the NFL (out of 32) - 19th, 26th, 18th, 23rd, 6th, 27th, 20th, and 28th.
From 2015 to 2020 his bread & butter, the offensive line, has ranked in the NFL (out of 32) - 19th, 22nd, 15th, 22nd, 26th, and 24th.

He could be exactly what the program needs.

Why he does not suck

• Took a Syracuse team that had been the worst in their conference and won a conference championship with them in year 4.
  • Won 9 wins in a season with Buffalo, at a time when that was no small feat, and left in his own terms when the team changed hands.
  • Made it to the AFC Championship game with Bortles at QB, and did well until his GM got rid of all his defensive talent
  • Extensive NFL experience as OL coach and OC (including time under Payton at New Orleans) that could be a huge selling point to recruits.
  • Good prior relationship with Fulmer (which may be a bigger factor in winning than any of us on this side of the office door realize).
  • He’s got one of the best resumes of all the guys that would most likely come here.

The average person takes about 150 bites a day. That's over 50,000 a year. So, why once a year do you suddenly bite your lip? Yet you can get it right the other 49,999 times. It hurts like crap and I just don't get why it happens. Maybe I need more memory muscle and reps. Or at least more mental reps.

An individual needs to practice lip discipline at all times. It's difficult to teach this to young individuals, many of whom are barely 18 years old. I know fans expect a lot from such individuals, but they have to remember that these 18 years old have barely taken 900,000 bites on average. It's easy for those of us who have take millions of bites or done such things as flown on a plane or been to another state to criticize them, which is why we work everyday, lip by lip, to teach this lip discipline.

Reactions: Devo182
An individual needs to practice lip discipline at all times. It's difficult to teach this to young individuals, many of whom are barely 18 years old. I know fans expect a lot from such individuals, but they have to remember that these 18 years old have barely taken 900,000 bites on average. It's easy for those of us who have take millions of bites or done such things as flown on a plane or been to another state to criticize them, which is why we work everyday, lip by lip, to teach this lip discipline.
Lip discipline....
giphy4.gif

If I'm being honest (and I am) there are not many names I'd say "no" to at this point. I'm almost at the "anyone but Pruitt" ledge. Now, that being said, there are absolutely different levels of excitement or enthusiasm some names would bring than others, but at least it'd be a change and would provide hope, which is something I don't think many of us have right now, concerning the current coach.

I really wanted him to be the guy ... and if he somehow survives the investigation, I really do hope he hires the greatest staff in America (heard that somewhere before), but I just can't see it.

I know, change for the sake of change reeks of desperation.
Well, aren't we?

Reactions: VOLSONLY
He could be exactly what the program needs.

Why he does not suck

• Took a Syracuse team that had been the worst in their conference and won a conference championship with them in year 4.
  • Won 9 wins in a season with Buffalo, at a time when that was no small feat, and left in his own terms when the team changed hands.
  • Made it to the AFC Championship game with Bortles at QB, and did well until his GM got rid of all his defensive talent
  • Extensive NFL experience as OL coach and OC (including time under Payton at New Orleans) that could be a huge selling point to recruits.
  • Good prior relationship with Fulmer (which may be a bigger factor in winning than any of us on this side of the office door realize).
  • He’s got one of the best resumes of all the guys that would most likely come here.

Confusing the issue with facts.

My one concern is whether he has the fire for the college game again. The stress is equal in a different way. If he felt screwed by a GM messing up his roster every year, he will control that in college. He just has the added recruiting issues. He knows what that's about. The rest of what's needed would be well within his ability and experience. Will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back