Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many good coaches available right now that would win here
Name a few that aren't considered toxic themselves that would come here.

Not attacking you or anything but good coaching candidates do not want to walk into this mess, especially now. A month ago I think you could find some interest, not now.

Reactions: Devo182
I have to disagree. Shoot we could have gone 2-for-2 and hired Mack and been restored like UNC has.

We are just afraid to take the shot. We were fine to cycle bball coaches until we hit. Football...we need a 10 year rebuild. My a$$!
But we didn't and we can't get a guy like Mack now. That's my point.

Herman, Gus, and Napier, and probably even Chadwell and Marrone are better than Pruitt. We will not do any better than them next year either because coaches know this is not a very good job due to incompetence at the top.
JMO I'd look at talking to Matt Campbell Iowa state. I like Chadwell,German and Napier

Reactions: Devo182 and KingtUT
Got NFL experience and would probably have an NFL staff. Easy sell to say he can get them in the league. He's not an exciting name but Dooley and Botch recruited well and they are McGoogleMes.

Name some credible guys that would consider coming.

Obviously he’d need a ton of help

Honest question for those in the know: How do guys with more NFL experience than college feel about the college game? Particularly coaching it. Do they actually have their hearts in it? On the surface they are similar but the NFL is just pure football whereas college is mostly recruiting, dealing with practice limitations, kissing boosters' asses, being the face of the program, doing community ****, talking down homesick players and divas, etc. I could see how someone like Marrone might initially take the job then regret it, especially after spending so many years in the NFL. You'd feel like a babysitter who gets to coach a little football on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back