Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

I’d hate to see the staff split up. The whole is much greater than the sum of the parts. Any of English, Schwartz, and Oliver minus the other two will be a much lesser staff.

Not only is this likely the best roster that TN has ever had, but the group of assistants might be the best ever. Although Stu and AW were excellent. Aberdeen and Tom Deaton in 1976-77 was top notch as well. There might have been a third in 1976-77 but I can’t recall his name.
I might be remembering them with rose colored glasses and they didn’t achieve much but Jerry Green had some really talented teams as well.

I might be remembering them with rose colored glasses and they didn’t achieve much but Jerry Green had some really talented teams as well.

Harris, Victor, Black, Hathaway, and Slay were excellent college players but only Yarbrough and Haislip sniffed the NBA. Bruce also had a kick ass roster or two, but if these players reach their potential there should be little argument that they’re at the top of the list.

Reactions: The Dog
My friend who is close to the Knoxville Catholic program says Tamba will not reclassify, he needs the extra year of development. Against Bearden High school this week Tamba finished with 22 points 12 boards and 6 blocks. My friend compares Tamba to former Vol Big man Reggie Johnson.
Vol freshman Jaden Springer attended the game between Catholic versus Bearden

I was just thinking the other day that this may have been the most talented group to ever play for us.

My friend who is close to the Knoxville Catholic program says Tamba will not reclassify, he needs the extra year of development. Against Bearden High school this week Tamba finished with 22 points 12 boards and 6 blocks. My friend compares Tamba to former Vol Big man Reggie Johnson.
Vol freshman Jaden Springer attended the game between Catholic versus Bearden
I'm not sure what he means by compare, but if Tamba became anywhere near what Reggie Johnson was, you would probably have a Top 10 guy.

"Recently, I’ve just been looking more into all of my top schools that I have decided to move forward with checking out all the pros and with them all and I just felt like the addition of Syracuse was right and that I could see myself playing there," Huntley-Hatfield said of why he added the Orange to his finalists.

"Coach [Jim] Boeheim is a historical coach at Syracuse along with all the great players he’s coached and the way that they play in their system, so really just seeing how I could play in their system and see what kinda coach he is, how he runs his program, what the plan would be for me and my family," he added. "I don't know too much about them but I am looking forward to building a relationship with them all."

Huntley-Hatfield initially planned on making a college decision on January 21st but now, he says he no longer has a timeframe.

"Currently there is no timetable," said the standout prospect.

Another hot topic surrounding the five-star was the option to reclassify from 2022 to 2021 and while he had been considering it, he told 247Sports that he is now fully committed to staying in 2022.
travis branham

On the recruiting front we continue to think it’s very possible that Tennessee ends up having someone reclassify from 2022 into 2021 but the need for that will lessen greatly if either John Fulkerson or E.J. Anosike decides to take advantage of the NCAA rule and return next year. We’ve heard that while that may not exactly be a lock, it’s certainly a possibility for one or both.
In the ’22 class Tennessee remains in frequent contact with local prospects B.J. Edwards and Handje Tomba. It feels to us like the Vols are in very good shape with both players. The Vols also continue to be heavily with five-star Brandon Huntley-Hatfield and it feels like Tennessee is in good shape there as well.
-VQ

Have you heard anything about Tennessee's involvement with Chandler Jackson of CBHS? I saw him play against Skyy Clark and Ensworth last weekend and he was extremely impressive. No one on Ensworth could keep him in front of them.
I will ask around to see if anything is going on but BJ Edwards is their top target at PG, not sure they'd be interested in bringing in two in the same class.
- VQ

Don't know anything about Jackson. Linked 247 page below. Decent offer list.
Chandler Jackson, Christian Brothers, Combo Guard

Reactions: Vols All Day
Have you heard anything about Tennessee's involvement with Chandler Jackson of CBHS? I saw him play against Skyy Clark and Ensworth last weekend and he was extremely impressive. No one on Ensworth could keep him in front of them.

- VQ

Don't know anything about Jackson. Linked 247 page below. Decent offer list.
Chandler Jackson, Christian Brothers, Combo Guard
Auburn is on Edwards so hard I’d hate for them to have the negative recruiting ammunition of saying his HOME school has offered another pg. I think UT feels good about where they are with BJ without hedging they’re bet. Jmo

But that doesn’t mean they couldn’t still be in contact with a player without an offer or even interest being publicized.

VN Store

Back