Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s sad how much we will have ended up spending after Pruitt is inevitably fired. In salary and buyouts well over $90 million since kiffin.
Could you imagine who we could have hired in 2009 if we just offered $7-$8million a year? Imagine the excess on revenues from the brand not taking a decade long dive into irrelevancy.
Exactly

Reactions: RiotVol
I think the primary focus is on reshaping the offense. Pruitt needs to figure out an offensive identity and philosophy before he can hire the right assistants. He can replace Brumbaugh and add another defensive guy. He needs to be more of a HC and not a defensive coach, so adding another guy on that side would (theoretically) help. They've been running through scenarios-- but the top choices might not be available or willing to come.

What does Pruitt bring as a head coach if it’s not a good defense? I can see the plan with him creating a good defense and having someone else control the offense but why would we hire him if someone else is going to do the coaching? He didn’t have a reputation as a good manager and communicator did he?

Reactions: MrVolton and Aesius
Look guy, maybe you can’t see it, but a big majority of people that follow UT football can. Pruitts not getting it done at this school. There has been nothing but stupid decisions on his part the whole time he’s been at UT. The guys not a head coach. Pruitt could’ve went 0-10 this year and Fulmer would just say it’s part of the process. The guy does not deserve to be AD. Simple as that.
Disagree. I think Phillip is doing fine. He’s given Pruitt everything he needs to have success. He’s allocated the necessary funding for the immediate staff, the support staff, facilities, etc. I’d rather have that than some bean counter. I’ve been frustrated with Pruitt on numerous occasions, but at the end of the day, cool heads who can see the big picture will prevail. Which is what we have in Boyd, Plowman and Fulmer.

You folks need to get used to the idea that coach Pruitt will be back next year. While this season has been the worst Tennessee football season of my lifetime, I still believe Pruitt is a good coach. The Phillip Fulmer bashing on this board has been absurd. Phillip has dedicated over half of his life to this great university and I trust him to do what he feels is best. He’s smarter than 99% of the folks on this board. Jeremy is going to shake the staff up again, bring in another solid recruiting class along with a couple of attention getting transfers, and we’re going to have a solid 2021 season. Let’s ride.
You have lost your mind if you think Pruitt is a decent coach, let alone a good coach.

He might be smarter than you but it took cornbread 6-7 games to realize that JG sucked. Who cares if he brings in a solid recruiting class. He cant develop them and they will still get the brakes beat off of them. Not 1 game on the schedule is a guaranteed win.

Disagree. I think Phillip is doing fine. He’s given Pruitt everything he needs to have success. He’s allocated the necessary funding for the immediate staff, the support staff, facilities, etc. I’d rather have that than some bean counter. I’ve been frustrated with Pruitt on numerous occasions, but at the end of the day, cool heads who can see the big picture will prevail. Which is what we have in Boyd, Plowman and Fulmer.
Sooo which are you? Boyd, Plowman or Fulmer?

You have a lot to like up to and a lot is expected from you using Tennessee Stud as your login. Good luck.

Like the last 15 years?

You have lost your mind if you think Pruitt is a decent coach, let alone a good coach.

He might be smarter than you but it took cornbread 6-7 games to realize that JG sucked. Who cares if he brings in a solid recruiting class. He cant develop them and they will still get the brakes beat off of them. Not 1 game on the schedule is a guaranteed win.
I think a lot of people either don’t realize, or are forgetting what Pruitt’s perception is amongst many in the coaching community. He’s highly, highly respected from a defensive standpoint. Unlike our previous two head coaches, who were pretty much universally thought to be terrible from a pure X’s and O’s perspective. I’ll add this as well, guys were being developed in his first two years. Yes, everyone had to deal with corona, but not having a spring, summer, or really a fall practice to develop guys is a major factor from a developmental standpoint. No question about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back