Mullen and the NFL

Jaws

Mullen to the NFL is gaining a lot of buzz (Adam Shefter reporting that he’s open to listening). I always suspected this was a possibility with him based on his past comments.

This would be a bad blow for Florida, unless of course they hit a homerun hire to replace him. Personally, I’d like to see Mullen stick around for several more years, he’s done a helluva job taking over 4-7 and getting the program back to playing for the SEC and playing in NY6 bowl games.

Jason Higdon reporting that the Chicago Bears seem to be most interested in Mullen. No idea of his sources but nobody from UF has batted down these rumors.

Bears want Harbaugh- or Mullen. Both these coaches will be in the NFL soon.
Don't have to worry about all the recruiting BS.
All about the right fit for coaches and universities, or coaches and nfl owners.
You have to be able to let a successful coach do it his way , and alot of universities ADs can't and that's why it doesn't work.

Reactions: Jaws
Bears want Harbaugh- or Mullen. Both these coaches will be in the NFL soon.
Don't have to worry about all the recruiting BS.
All about the right fit for coaches and universities, or coaches and nfl owners.
You have to be able to let a successful coach do it his way , and alot of universities ADs can't and that's why it doesn't work.
Harbaugh is about to sign an extension.

I’ve seen Jets and Mullen too

I heard this as well but I’ve heard they cooled on Mullen for another candidate.

I also think UF AD Scott Stricklin staying quiet right now is telling. He is NOT the quiet type, he’s very outgoing and open on social media, with fans, etc.

He’s either hard at work trying to extend and keep Mullen or he’s working behind the scenes to line up possible replacement candidates, or both.

If your a great coach wanting the NFL level. You'll never have to worry about all the donors and alumni crap.
Basically just the GM and owner, pretty simple not near as much pressure.

I heard this as well but I’ve heard they cooled on Mullen for another candidate.

I also think UF AD Scott Stricklin staying quiet right now is telling. He is NOT the quiet type, he’s very outgoing and open on social media, with fans, etc.

He’s either hard at work trying to extend and keep Mullen or he’s working behind the scenes to line up possible replacement candidates, or both.

I'm sure Stricklin is working all angles. He's an activist AD - the opposite of Fulmer. What is the relationship between Mullen and him like? They've probably had some words regarding Mullen's actions this past year (not his coaching but his press conferences statements) and maybe Mullen is thinking "screw this".

Reactions: Wireless1 and Jaws
I'm sure Stricklin is working all angles. He's an activist AD - the opposite of Fulmer. What is the relationship between Mullen and him like? They've probably had some words regarding Mullen's actions this past year (not his coaching but his press conferences statements) and maybe Mullen is thinking "screw this".

The relationship between Mullen and Stricklin has always been good to my knowledge. Remember, both worked together at Mississippi State too, before Stricklin hired Mullen to Florida a few years after his arrival. I think Stricklin surely gives counsel to Mullen on his comments, but I don’t think Stricklin would be overly bothered by them. However, the rub in this area would come from UF President Fuhcs. He’s a mega-liberal, as most Universally Presidents probably are, and I’m sure he didn’t like Mullen not toe-ing the “we’re all gonna die, can’t attend football games” narrative. I’m sure the “fill the stadium” comment made him uncomfortable at his cocktail parties and such. So you may have a point.

Reactions: MaTaLa
I’d say he’s gone. He probably could do well in the NFL.

The relationship between Mullen and Stricklin has always been good to my knowledge. Remember, both worked together at Mississippi State too, before Stricklin hired Mullen to Florida a few years after his arrival. I think Stricklin surely gives counsel to Mullen on his comments, but I don’t think Stricklin would be overly bothered by them. However, the rub in this area would come from UF President Fuhcs. He’s a mega-liberal, as most Universally Presidents probably are, and I’m sure he didn’t like Mullen not toe-ing the “we’re all gonna die, can’t attend football games” narrative. I’m sure the “fill the stadium” comment made him uncomfortable at his cocktail parties and such. So you may have a point.

Yeah oddly enough mega liberals tend to be millionaires that are in power... what a dumb Fuhc

Reactions: Jaws

VN Store

Back