Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s nice to say and hope for but it’s not going to happen. Pruitt isn’t going to change who he is all of a sudden in year 4 at UT. He is who he is and that’s that. Move on now or accept that we’ll be bad until he’s gone. That’s just reality.
we don't know that. but, if history is any indicator it hasnt gotten better.

Like ive said, to me. The most damning things are the coachinn attrition and absolute lack of any player development, roster mismagement. and blowouts.

I cannot see any way he turns around in a year. And I hope he does!

I do think it can be better. Fixing our abysmal offense, addressing the culture, developing the QBs, holding position coaches and coordinators accountable and getting Pruitt to be more of a HC should get us out of the gutter. But longer-term, we need a better solution.
That's a mountain of work to do by next fall. Does anyone (besides Phil and tennessee stud) think that Pruitt is even remotely capable of doing all this in one off season? Keep in mind we have yet to make one new assistant hire.

It's bad all around. We're playing beneath our talent. It can be better. Longer-term, we'll need a different fix.
I agree but the offense showed moments of promise, especially after JG sat. The defense was consistently bad. Couldn't adjust to anything. He never taught them to cover the inside slant. I've maintained all year that Pruitt is the product of his 5 star players and not the other way around. He's not the defensive mastermind that people think he is. He not only needs a lambo to compete with the Ferrari, he needs the lambo to compete with the prius.

The O hasn’t looked a whole lot different since Pruitt has been there. Those reasons you gave explain why Florida and Ole Miss are doing so great offensively. KY fired their OC and overhauled its offensive staff because, although the were along the best at ground and pound, it was still just ground and pound. Smart can also stick with that because I believe that’s part of the reason he’ll never have that all 5 star roster living up to its potential. Anyone that is not spreading them out and hitting them with those picks, slants, crossing routes, and run routes, hasn’t figured out what it takes to score in today’s game.
I dont disagree with you at all about UK or UGA. And I agree about UF as well. To say our offense doesn't look different though is crazy. Year 1 and 2 we ran a lot of under center. This year we were mostly in gun. We took more downfield shots this year then we did the first 2. Is it wholesale different no but there have been noticeable tweaks

Reactions: MrVolton
That's a mountain of work to do by next fall. Does anyone (besides Phil and tennessee stud) think that Pruitt is even remotely capable of doing all this in one off season? Keep in mind we have yet to make one new assistant hire.

Pruitt has failed in his hires twice now. So no he is a stubborn mule.

Reactions: Devo182
I agree but the offense showed moments of promise, especially after JG sat. The defense was consistently bad. Couldn't adjust to anything. He never taught them to cover the inside slant. I've maintained all year that Pruitt is the product of his 5 star players and not the other way around. He's not the defensive mastermind that people think he is. He not only needs a lambo to compete with the Ferrari, he needs the lambo to compete with the prius.
He has a Lambo compared to UK and Arky and he still can't beat them

TBH I dont think any coach can fix all of our problems in the off season. The problem with Pruitt though is I dont think he can fix 10% of them either

if pruitt hadnt had an 8-5 year, then bungled things...still it may be a different story. couple that with an investigation.

people keep saying these investigations are routine. one thing on latest podcast that NO one has mentioned that was eyebrow raising to me was when Hubbs talked about the investigation open endedly.

They said they've reached out to the Chancellor about it, no comment. I dont want to prognosticate but, if its so routine. Why wait until last game to release it? Graham being held off the road all year. It just has feeling of something's up. Hope i'm wrong.

SOP to not release info on an ongoing investigation. Any statements, when released, will go through legal. That's routine.

TBH I dont think any coach can fix all of our problems in the off season. The problem with Pruitt though is I dont think he can fix 10% of them either
All keeping Pruitt does is kick the can down the road one more year. He will be fired next year. Will have no choice. TN fans are a loyal bunch but even they have their limits.

I agree. The problem is many (including people in decision making positions) believe or expect most or all of it to happen..

Madness.....

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
All keeping Pruitt does is kick the can down the road one more year. He will be fired next year. Will have no choice. TN fans are a loyal bunch but even they have their limits.
So here's my thing with this statement. Let's say Pruitt stays 2 more years, he wins 8 next year then falls to 7 the year after. Gets fired for not making Atlanta in year 5 and going 0-15 against the big 3. Would you not think though TN would be in a better spot roster wise if that happens? Do I think it happens probably not, but anything could happen

I agree. The problem is many (including people in decision making positions) believe or expect most or all of it to happen..

Madness.....
I dislike Pruitt i think he was a terrible hire, but im starting to be ok with him getting one more year if it means the admin comes together and all begind rowing in the same direction. Fixing that first is more important than whoever the next hire is right now. As much as most of us want a change we will be in the same boat if the admin doesn't get fixed.

So here's my thing with this statement. Let's say Pruitt stays 2 more years, he wins 8 next year then falls to 7 the year after. Gets fired for not making Atlanta in year 5 and going 0-15 against the big 3. Would you not think though TN would be in a better spot roster wise if that happens? Do I think it happens probably not, but anything could happen
With the free transfer rule, a guaranteed "better" roster is no longer a factor IMO.

Reactions: DuckRiverVol
Bunch of women up in here.

Y’all’s periods are synchronized and it seems.

Everyone’s b**ching always happens at the same time in here

I wanted the guy fired too, but it isn’t going to happen.. at least not this season. And no, they don’t care. But clearly recruits still like the guy enough to come play here or else they’d not even be giving UT any attention. He’ll make his hires, he’ll continue to recruit and whatever happens, happens. Wish people would figure that out and either get on board or ACTUALLY check out until a change is made, rather than constantly having to “publicly announce” only to still be here and hop on social media every chance they can to s**t on the program they claim to be a fan of. Constantly nitpicking stats that you could find on every coach and even make up random s**t to fit a narrative.

And for those worried about 2022 recruits, I’ll tell you right now most of these kids are coming to play for Tennessee because they want to be AT Tennessee. It wouldn’t matter who the HC is. Even most of the “elite” kids fall in that category. Y’all seriously think guys like Ty would be giving TN any attention, or literally hanging out with only our players on weekends if he was that serious about Clemson or Alabama?

And for the record, I know I said I’d go find a new team, and even considered it at one point but I just can’t. I was born into this s**t show and even if we go 0-12 every year there’s likely no pulling me out of it.

Besides, half of y’all are gonna he right back here in August talking about how we’re gonna finish 8-4 or better, talking about how we have a shot at winning the east.

With the free transfer rule, a guaranteed "better" roster is no longer a factor IMO.
Yes and no. Thise kids are still going to need a landing spot which messes with scholarship numbers. 2 if TN makes a good hire, then are there really going to be that many jump ship? TX will be interesting to watch but I would bet those lose less than 6 to the portal with the Sark hire

Reactions: volsfan_17
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back