Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaney as a one year interim makes a lot of sense. He doesn't necessarily even have the desire to be the head coach. He might actually be a pretty good head coach tho and win himself the job. But if not, no problem he would probably be happy to go call plays somewhere else.

He's the kind of coordinator that has the resume to become a head coach at this point in his career if he wanted it. He's always been happy to stay in the background. Would probably attract a great staff and be a solid leader to bridge the gap to a great next hire.

Who knows though. We're all just guessing and hoping to be good someday.

I think Chaney is a career coordinator by choice. Its well known he's not a huge fan of recruiting. Some guys like Chavis and Venables are/were completely fine making over a million a year with a quarter of the work and obligations a head coach has.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
A few boosters. It was said the other day by AP or Hubbs.
Gotcha. Definitely not disagreeing with you but if he wanted Steele why is he so in love with Pruitt. To the point it appears he's seeking to lose his job if CJP doesn't work out.

If anybody in here talked about poaching a national championship winning coach from a sitting job they would get laughed out of this forum.

A&M did it. We don't even see it as remotely close to a possibility. This is why I appreciated the Gruden folks a few years ago. We should be able to shoot for the moon here.

It sucks to suck all the time.

Some coach out there has gotta come save us. We've got to figure out how to compete in this conference again.

If anybody in here talked about poaching a national championship winning coach from a sitting job they would get laughed out of this forum.

A&M did it. We don't even see it as remotely close to a possibility. This is why I appreciated the Gruden folks a few years ago. We should be able to shoot for the moon here.

Some coach out there has gotta come save us. We've got to figure out how to compete in this conference again.
There were multiple posters in this forum (you know who you are) who scoffed their noses at the thought of jimbo.

I don't believe Steele would have done any better than Pruitt, so not sure it really matters. Steele does not need to be our HC.
If Pruitt were fired and Fulmer was given sole authority on the next hire I can almost guarantee Steele would be near the top of his list.

If Pruitt were fired and Fulmer was given sole authority on the next hire I can almost guarantee Steele would be near the top of his list.
And if that happened, I'd finally join Twitter and lead the charge to get both Fulmer and Steele fired. Steele should not be the HC of Tennessee.

Fisher was getting ready to be fired at Florida state..... he had lost 3 games in a row in back to back seasons and then went 5-6 his last year..... he also had numerous issues on campus such as the Jamie’s Winston stuff as well as other issues..... he also left the roster pretty depleted for the next guy..... he was looking to get out and very happy to find a landing spot in A&M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back