Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the game passed Mac Brown or did he put together a staff that does their damn job. Both can be true.
Theres a 4 year difference in how long they had been out of the game. Also the ACC coastal is a lot easier then the SEC East. They just said on TV this is the first time since 2001 UNC has faced 3 top 10 teams and they needed a bowl game to do it. A whole lot different scenario

Y’all all know how this plays out. Fulmer is too proud to admit horrible hire. Fulmer makes Pruitt fire Ansley and brings in Steele. Pruitt gets fired next season and Steele immediately gets the job.
Fulmer has wanted to be coach here for long time bad idea

I am convinced Fulmer would love to name Steele HC in a heartbeat, and if everyone gets their wish and Pruitt is sent packing, that very well could be what happens. Steele is 9-36 as HC. Fulmer does not need to hire the next UT head football coach.
I love Fulmer, but running a multi million dollar business that happens to involve football is not anything like coaching football. Never like the idea of coaches becoming AD.

Theres a 4 year difference in how long they had been out of the game. Also the ACC coastal is a lot easier then the SEC East. They just said on TV this is the first time since 2001 UNC has faced 3 top 10 teams and they needed a bowl game to do it. A whole lot different scenario
Dude no one is REALLY on the Fulmer train in the literal sense. I’m more talking about bringing in a CEO type coach because we won’t hire a tier 1 coach, we just won’t.

IMO, Tom Herman could benefit from a year off the sidelines, either as an off-field analyst for a big program, or in the TV studio. He still has a chance to be a really good coach, but he needs to do a self-evaluation about what went wrong at Texas. His record alone should have been enough to get him another year, but he had apparently alienated every power base in the Texas ecosystem that could have supported him. From the outside it looks and sounds like immaturity issues, and those are problems that can be fixed with some time and humility.

He also needs to open up to some new ideas on offense. His power spread philosophy that worked so well at tOSU and then UH seems to have been figured out by the better defenses. He may be already in the process, there were some flashes this year with Yurcich, and they really looked good the last two games against bad teams when they played a lot of the young guys and all the pressure was off them. Part of his problem has been playing players by seniority and giving rotations without regard to who is actually the best player at the position.

Since it seems like we aren't going to make a move for next season, we might end up getting a better version of Tom Herman a year from now. I think he should have a second act in him if he just does some self-reflection.
I bet he goes to Bama for his rehab

If we have that in Boyd, why is Pruitt still HC?

Bigger question is why is Fulmer still AD? Apparently Fulmer still has a lot of support from those that matter, and apparently Fulmer still supports Pruitt. I don’t know how Boyd feels about either one of them. Boyd may want them both gone for all anyone knows, but getting rid of both (particularly someone like Fulmer with lots of support) may not be something that can be done with a snap of the finger.

All I’ve really heard is that Boyd is pretty sharp, and it sounds like he may have the clout needed if push came to shove.

Reactions: volsfan_17
Time will tell. Bama has a different level of talent than anyone. Particularly what Sark has had to work with.
True, Bama is on a different level, but it's relative to the competition. Texas has the #5 composite talent on its roster per 247, and the comparative talent advantage Sark will have against Big 12 defenses won't be far off from what Bama has had against the SEC defenses. He'll be able to get stud players at the skill positions in Texas, and as we've seen, if you can score a lot of points, you'll win a lot of games.

Reactions: Dooby15
So what exactly is he supposed to sell in recruiting? Hey we went 5-7 but I won't be the coach here next year?
“We’re going to get this right. We’re hiring the best coach that is going to win a national championship here with you. This is what UT offers for career advancement and lifelong in roads into businesses in Tennessee. Look at former VFLs. We take care of our own and come represent your state.” Then announce Bob Stoops after the season.

Reactions: volsfan_17
Dude no one is REALLY on the Fulmer train in the literal sense. I’m more talking about bringing in a CEO type coach because we won’t hire a tier 1 coach, we just won’t.
Fulmer isn't that. Haven't you seen the reports where he's basically been in Pruitts way? It would just get worse

“We’re going to get this right. We’re hiring the best coach that is going to win a national championship here with you. This is what UT offers for career advancement and lifelong in roads into businesses in Tennessee. Look at former VFLs. We take care of our own and come represent your state.” Then announce Bob Stoops after the season.
We aren't getting Bob Stoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back