Kiffin signs new contract extension with Ole Miss

So Texas will fire a guy who has gone 32-18, played for a conference title, won four bowls in four years, including a Sugar Bowl but we cannot move on from a guy that has gone 16-19 and has one lucky comeback bowl win? This complacency is why our program is where it is at right now.

Last edited:
So Texas will fire a guy who has gone 32-18, won a conference title, won four bowls in four years, including a Sugar Bowl but we cannot move on from a guy that has gone 16-19 and has one lucky comeback bowl win? This is compliancy is why our program is where it is at right now.
He actually didn’t win a conference title. Lost in the title game to Oklahoma.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Jesus...Herman was 32-18(7-3 this year) in four seasons at Texas. He had three years remaining on a contract worth $15 million in guaranteed money. Another $10 million is owed to assistants...: meanwhile we “can’t” fire Pruitt due to his high buy out??? I’ll take Herman in a heartbeat lol

Jesus...Herman was 32-18(7-3 this year) in four seasons at Texas. He had three years remaining on a contract worth $15 million in guaranteed money. Another $10 million is owed to assistants...: meanwhile we “can’t” fire prior due to his high buy out??? I’ll take Herman in a heartbeat lol
No thanks. If you can’t get it done at Texas, you’re not going to be successful at Tennessee.

There is no one less likely to ever get the job at Tennessee period. Ever. Not saying Kiffin isn’t a decent coach but no one has universally pissed off more money and power people than Kiffin at Tennessee.
There are some big money people who still love Kiffin, the Haslam family is one

I would hire Herman in a heartbeat. He rebuilt Houston and was decent at Texas. He could attract recruits and expand recruiting in Texas. Since he is getting compensated by Tejas it would help in bargaining a decent salary. The guy is a winner and is a member of Mensa.

At least there's one UT administration out there that okay with mediocrity in their football program. What I wouldn't give for an admin that cared.
Texas may not be OK with mediocrity, but they’ve spent the last decade rolling around in it.

Reactions: Steelcurtain
So Texas will fire a guy who has gone 32-18, played for a conference title, won four bowls in four years, including a Sugar Bowl but we cannot move on from a guy that has gone 16-19 and has one lucky comeback bowl win? This compliancy is why our program is where it is at right now.
THIS. ALL OF THIS. (Aside from the spelling)

Reactions: rockytop36
So they dump a guy who has a coaching record of 54-22 and 5-0 in bowl games for a guy who couldn't cut it at USC (was a alcoholic) and a coaching record of 46-35 and 2-2 in bowl games. Just because he was a good OC at Alabama, hell Butch Jones would be a good OC with all that talent. Thats a move that sets a program back 10 years. Say hello to mediocrity Texas.

So Texas will fire a guy who has gone 32-18, played for a conference title, won four bowls in four years, including a Sugar Bowl but we cannot move on from a guy that has gone 16-19 and has one lucky comeback bowl win? This compliancy is why our program is where it is at right now.
I'm thinking that Texas A&M turning the corner this season has made the powers-that-be at Texas a little nervous... and Herman is not recruiting very well at the moment. His problems went much deeper than just wins and losses.

LOL, the burnt orange bloods are unhappy with Sark because they had their dreams that Urban Meyer was still going to come even though he had already turned them down.

There was a link on their board with rumors of Meyer to the Jacksonville Jaguars, though I didn't click and read.

So they dump a guy who has a coaching record of 54-22 and 5-0 in bowl games for a guy who couldn't cut it at USC (was a alcoholic) and a coaching record of 46-35 and 2-2 in bowl games. Just because he was a good OC at Alabama, hell Butch Jones would be a good OC with all that talent. Thats a move that sets a program back 10 years. Say hello to mediocrity Texas.
I agree. Makes no sense. They’re already mediocre. This meddling just further solidifies it.

Reactions: feathersax
Unfortunately they probably should of kept Herman. Next hire could be disastrous. Unless urban comes knocking and i doubt that happens.

At least there's one UT administration out there that okay with mediocrity in their football program. What I wouldn't give for an admin that cared.
They are COMMITTED to winning!
All our AD wants to do is give lip service by talking about it.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland

VN Store

Back