Kevin Steele not returning to Auburn

Yeah, I'm sure teams will evaluate Steel as a potential DC based on his performance in a meaningless bowl against the #12 team as an interim HC with key players out.
True. How about the one against UCF two years ago? Or the classic against WVA when he was with Clemson?

I’m not jazzed by football guys forgetting by volume...puzzled why it’s considered a compliment. 🤔

True. How about the one against UCF two years ago? Or the classic against WVA when he was with Clemson?
Sure. How about Saban losing to Louisiana Monroe.

How about Chavis giving up 62 to UF in 1995. He clearly should have been canned.

Over four years 16-19, he averaged 2nd best defense in the SEC, and top ten every year, among power five schools.

Steele is not known for his recruiting and that is what Vols need, along with competent coaching. And for the record, IIRC, Steele would not come here unless it was to replace Dooley.

Reactions: lefthander
Steele is not known for his recruiting and that is what Vols need, along with competent coaching. And for the record, IIRC, Steele would not come here unless it was to replace Dooley.

2005 National Recruiter of the Year, two years as director of personnel at Bama after that ,where they signed 2 number 1 classes.

Sure. How about Saban losing to Louisiana Monroe.

How about Chavis giving up 62 to UF in 1995. He clearly should have been canned.
Wow! So similar! Before I instigate you into a bitter blood feud over this man, I’ll admit to no issue with him becoming our one year stopgap at DC. Quality guy, VFL background...etc etc. Not expecting a homerun hire and that’s good because he’s not one imo. Carry on...last word if you need it...etc etc.

LOL....one game defines a whole career? How'd that attitude work out for UT at that time? Based on that game, UT passed on Steele and hired Sunseri.
I know, right? By that logic maybe he could get his old job back since Clemson's on pace to allow 650 yards tonight

Reactions: VolDave53

VN Store

Back