DeAndre Johnson transferring (rumor) [confirmed]

I don’t remember hearing aubbie, vandy and usce lose a bunch of recruits on signing day. Might have happened but I didn’t see any articles about it and I’m thinking it would have been covered. How is it a mistake if there was no exodus of committed recruits that didn’t sign?
We lost a bunch of recruits on signing day and still finished 15th nationally after such a tough year. Sounds impressive to me.
Tell us more about the”bunch” of recruits that we lost...

I’ve got an FCS team here in town, and believe it or not, the issues are the same. The only difference is that I know half the people in the stadium and the lines at the concession stands are easier.

Yeah, gotta stay in-state so it looks like it’ll be the ETSU Bucs. Plus they’ve got a cool logo.

Between the opt-outs, social justice crap, and now the players being able to profit off of their name / likeness, the FBS is turning into a mini-NFL. It’s probably time for me to find an FCS team to follow.

At least they have an actual playoff to determine their national champion.
North Dakota St is a lot of fun to watch. In D2, Northwest Missouri State plays a great brand of football.

Not sure how you could watch them but maybe there's a streaming service that carries those games?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
North Dakota St is a lot of fun to watch. In D2, Northwest Missouri State plays a great brand of football.

Not sure how you could watch them but maybe there's a streaming service that carries those games?

I’ve watched NDSU before. Solid team. Won like 7 NC’s in a row? Also love how the entire home town lives and breathes “Bison’s”.

I’m old enough to remember when Knoxville was that way. Miss those days, when almost every stop sign downtown had “Bama” spray-painted under STOP.

But I’ll go with the Bucs for now. Still a Vol fan first and foremost, but I need a team I can just watch for fun.

Y’know, like UT Football used to be.

We lost a bunch of recruits on signing day and still finished 15th nationally after such a tough year. Sounds impressive to me.
Tell us more about the”bunch” of recruits that we lost...

Think you misunderstood my post. I was responding to the poster who claimed firing coaches before signing day was a mistake. He cited aubbie, usce and vandy as examples but I was pointing out they didn’t appear to lose any recruits when their coaches got fired before signing day. I wasn’t referencing our recruits at all. Cheers...

I can't blame him. No sense in waiting. Who knows how long the UT admin will let everyone in and around the program twist in the wind before they make a decision one way or the other. Let's drag it out for maximum negative impact on a dying program. Way to go BOT/UT admin. We can count on you all to create a real circus. Like a damned chinese fire drill when it comes to this program. A never ending chit show.

Man people talk a lot of $hit about a guy leading the team in sacks. Yeah he did some boneheaded things, but we’re probably not in a great position to just lose the guy. He definitely could’ve improved with a new D Line coach and an actual off season to improve .

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
If we are judging transfers by their production this year.. Screw it... Anybody but Gray and HT can leave because everyone else was basically invisible.

The fact of the matter is when starters are transferring, that is solid evidence the serious problems with the current staff are not fan imagination.

A guy with leading snaps on an SEC team deciding he has a better chance of getting noticed on some mid tier team or worse is not a good look. I wouldn't whistle by the graveyard by saying he wasn't any good. That really isn't the point. He was still the best we had this year.

If we are judging transfers by their production this year.. Screw it... Anybody but Gray and HT can leave because everyone else was basically invisible.

The fact of the matter is when starters are transferring, that is solid evidence the serious problems with the current staff are not fan imagination.

A guy with leading snaps on an SEC team deciding he has a better chance of getting noticed on some mid tier team or worse is not a good look. I wouldn't whistle by the graveyard by saying he wasn't any good. That really isn't the point. He was still the best we had this year.
Gray 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Border Vol
He was pretty good, but maybe detrimental behind the scenes... who knows. He visibly lost his cool on more than one occasion and made some bone-headed mistakes. He’s a good player, hope he finds a good home.

Just gives early opportunities for younger guys who might be better next year anyway. It’s hard to top Johnson’s penchant for making critical penalties at the most in opportunistic times.

Reactions: rikberry31
You can't keep saying all these transfers don't matter. Johnson was our best pass rusher coming back and JT I thought was the better QB prospect.

Kids jumping ship

Reactions: Skippy95

VN Store

Back