'21 AL WDE Dylan Brooks (Auburn transfer)

I don’t care what any insider has said. He hasn’t been announced as signed from the school. And it’s going to worry me until they do.

But if Auburn is contacting him they must not know.

I think the lesson learned with Stokes and Hardy was schools are supposed to check the data base to see if the NLIs are reported by the schools

But it’s an easy slap on the wrist oops they didn’t make it public and we didn’t check the data base excuse kind of thing

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Remember when Jay hardy signed but kept it hush. Then we contacted him at a basketball game because he kept leading our coaches on. Then it came out that he had signed and apparently there was some database that someone found that Jay hardy was listed? And some media came out joking how our staff wasn’t savvy enough to check it?

Or am I imaging all of that?

Pretty sure announced or not it should be able to be determined if he has in fact signed.

Remember when Jay hardy signed but kept it hush. Then we contacted him at a basketball game because he kept leading our coaches on. Then it came out that he had signed and apparently there was some database that someone found that Jay hardy was listed? And some media came out joking how our staff wasn’t savvy enough to check it?

Or am I imaging all of that?

Pretty sure announced or not it should be able to be determined if he has in fact signed.
I don't think our staff actually made contact, but they were at the game and he slipped out the back door following the game to avoid contact. Or I could be imagining.

I don't think our staff actually made contact, but they were at the game and he slipped out the back door following the game to avoid contact. Or I could be imagining.

That’s how I remember it too. I can’t find the Hardy thread because I have OrangeDefense on ignore but I remember their being some database that showed Hardy had signed and we caught heck because our coaches didn’t check it before wasting all that time getting played by Hardy.

Reactions: VolsSince78
That’s how I remember it too. I can’t find the Hardy thread because I have OrangeDefense on ignore but I remember their being some database that showed Hardy had signed and we caught heck because our coaches didn’t check it before wasting all that time getting played by Hardy.
OD is banned in these parts. He still posts insane babble on FF. Incomplete thoughts and rantings galore for those Neandertals.

Reactions: RockyTop865
He is in the NLI database with a signed NLI to VOLS. It’s laziness and incompetence on Auburn’s part not checking.

Pruitt displayed the same incompetence with Hardy this time last year.

Does it matter? A lot of things in life come down to risk/reward.

The reward of keeping channels open means that you could possibly sway the kid into using a free transfer to join your program.

The risk is what? An article by ESPN stating minor violations, a 2 day in person recruiting ban, or 30 internet posters putting $$$ by your institutional name.

Yeah, if I'm an SEC school, I'm breaking and bending the rules a ton - because quite honestly, the institutions are too big to receive meaningful punishment, especially over trivial recruiting practices.

Everyone is going to Alabama and Clemson because they've established a positive feedback loop in which they promise an NFL future and winning. And they keep producing wins and NFLers because the best players believe it. Rinse. Repeat. The only thing busting it up at this point is pay for play. If the #25 player in the country is down to Tennessee, Alabama, and Florida - but Tennessee is offering $30,000 per year more for his commitment, that evens the playing field really quickly.

Does it matter? A lot of things in life come down to risk/reward.

The reward of keeping channels open means that you could possibly sway the kid into using a free transfer to join your program.

The risk is what? An article by ESPN stating minor violations, a 2 day in person recruiting ban, or 30 internet posters putting $$$ by your institutional name.

Yeah, if I'm an SEC school, I'm breaking and bending the rules a ton - because quite honestly, the institutions are too big to receive meaningful punishment, especially over trivial recruiting practices.

Everyone is going to Alabama and Clemson because they've established a positive feedback loop in which they promise an NFL future and winning. And they keep producing wins and NFLers because the best players believe it. Rinse. Repeat. The only thing busting it up at this point is pay for play. If the #25 player in the country is down to Tennessee, Alabama, and Florida - but Tennessee is offering $30,000 per year more for his commitment, that evens the playing field really quickly.
I think you misunderstand the point. Auburn doesn’t think he signed with the Vols and are continuing to recruit him wasting resources and risking getting slapped with minor violations for a new coach.

It is as simple as an Auburn AD employee taking two minutes to check the database and a sign of incompetence to not do so.

I think you misunderstand the point. Auburn doesn’t think he signed with the Vols and are continuing to recruit him wasting resources and risking getting slapped with minor violations for a new coach.

It is as simple as an Auburn AD employee taking two minutes to check the database and a sign of incompetence to not do so.

Read the post below yours.

Not lazy at all. Just breaking the rules continuously because they know that there will be no consequence for it.

Not so much. There is no benefit to doing so.

It was certainly a sign of incompetence when Pruitt continued to recruit Hardy last year.

VN Store

Back