'21 AL WDE Dylan Brooks (Auburn transfer)

But does mean that other schools can’t contact him. Word should leak out at that point.
cant he sign an agreement to speak directly with said schools to comm during dead periods? Bass said he saw a blurb at Andy game that hed signed with us.

didnt bra even say this week nothing to worry about here?

All Pruitt had to do was beat Arkansas, and KY, been competitive with the rest and showed an upward trajectory. But we get blown out at home by KY, and lose to an Arkansas team that hadn't won a conference game in 2 years with a first time, new head coach. Pruitt could be here 50 years and he's never win anything of significance. He's never been a head coach and never will be.

It’s obvious to everyone but the accountants say we cannot fire him. #firePhil

Reactions: InVOLuntary
It’s obvious to everyone but the accountants say we cannot fire him. #firePhil

Money is indeed an issue, but it can be overcome if those like you who are demanding we fire him now would put together a gofundme type account and get 15 to 20 mil to pay the new coach since empty Neyland had it's financial impact. Surely there is some way to make it payable only if Pruitt is fired. With that in place UT could apply money to the buyouts. Friend leaving on his own has to help some.

Money is indeed an issue, but it can be overcome if those like you who are demanding we fire him now would put together a gofundme type account and get 15 to 20 mil to pay the new coach since empty Neyland had it's financial impact. Surely there is some way to make it payable only if Pruitt is fired. With that in place UT could apply money to the buyouts. Friend leaving on his own has to help some.
That’s just it.
I have no confidence that anyone there is capable of making a decent hire for AD or head ball coach.

Reactions: onevol74
That’s just it.
I have no confidence that anyone there is capable of making a decent hire for AD or head ball coach.

I am guessing that the sum of the powers that be have determined there is no candidate right now to fill the vacancy if they fired him now. At least one we can afford. Vandy, SC and AU have all gone on the cheap and I don't want to go that way. The only viable solution I can even make up would be to see if Gus would defer his pay for the first year till the end of his stay and keep a lot of our current staff. He has no buyout and is not short of funds for a while and maybe he would be do this to put a stick in the AU eyes. We would not have to replace Cheney since he is his own OC. Not my favorite plan but might get around the money problems. Could we be lucky enough to get our second Barnes? Not likely, but we could structure a friendly deal, maybe short term so both sides can kick the tires. This would probably satisfy most of the "anybody is better" crowd. Security should not be an issue with him.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I am guessing that the sum of the powers that be have determined there is no candidate right now to fill the vacancy if they fired him now. At least one we can afford. Vandy, SC and AU have all gone on the cheap and I don't want to go that way. The only viable solution I can even make up would be to see if Gus would defer his pay for the first year till the end of his stay and keep a lot of our current staff. He has no buyout and is not short of funds for a while and maybe he would be do this to put a stick in the AU eyes. We would not have to replace Cheney since he is his own OC. Not my favorite plan but might get around the money problems. Could we be lucky enough to get our second Barnes? Not likely, but we could structure a friendly deal, maybe short term so both sides can kick the tires. This would probably satisfy most of the "anybody is better" crowd. Security should not be an issue with him.
you’re correct (in my opinion) that the university doesn’t have a candidate they would hire. I also think they don’t want a repeat of the Gruden mess with Freeze. So we’re left where we are right now. Our best hope is the current guy beats the odds and figures out how to be a head coach. That seems all but impossible but I’ve thought several guys would be good head coaches who failed miserably. So clearly neither I nor the administration at U.T. should do the hiring.

you’re correct (in my opinion) that the university doesn’t have a candidate they would hire. I also think they don’t want a repeat of the Gruden mess with Freeze. So we’re left where we are right now. Our best hope is the current guy beats the odds and figures out how to be a head coach. That seems all but impossible but I’ve thought several guys would be good head coaches who failed miserably. So clearly neither I nor the administration at U.T. should do the hiring.

I don't think anyone should assume that he gets back on original schedule. But if there is not significant improvement next year may offer better candidates, for sure lower buyouts, and we will have more revenue has to be the assumption. HOWEVER, we better realize that even if we return to high attendance next year we will NEVER make up this past seasons COVID losses. Not sure how to gauge that impact!!!

KneeBurgh saying AU making a move here...

"Four-star defensive end Dylan Brooks of Roanoke (Ala.) Handley: We can confirm at this time Harsin and the Tigers are all in with Brooks. While that may seem like a no-brainer based on Brooks' ranking (he's the No. 51 recruit in the country for the industry generated 247Sports composite), different coaches have different tastes. Apparently, Harsin sees Brooks as an important recruit. We've learned the Tigers reached out to Brooks, who committed to Tennessee last spring, Sunday. More than one of Brooks' family members played at Auburn and there are some in his camp who'd like to see him with the Tigers. Our intel suggests Brooks isn't yet sure what he will do come Feb. 3 -- National Signing Day. That could be the opening Harsin needs. "

Keep NieTwerp, 247

Last edited:
Reactions: VolByLaw
Been saying this for weeks now

He’s signed under the assurance that is Pruitt is fired he will be released from his NLI

Been saying this for weeks now

He’s signed under the assurance that is Pruitt is fired he will be released from his NLI
oh, tg. I was just about to lose hope. Lo! You slid in just in time to rescue us all from the pit's of despair oh white knight, with your insider info!

people who purposefully seek ecred are same chaps who dangle cow nuts from their diesels.

VN Store

Back