'21 AL WDE Dylan Brooks (Auburn transfer)

how many days can they hold off announcing if in fact he did sign? Thought there was set number of days, but not sure.

Believe it was stated last year during the Jay Hardy recruitment that the school must enter a record into an NCAA database promptly (within a day or two) upon receiving a signed LOI. Keeps other schools from recruiting a guy once he has signed. But that database is only accessible to schools, not general public. So, if Brooks already signed, word will get out when it’s leaked or he/UT announces.

Believe it was stated last year during the Jay Hardy recruitment that the school must enter a record into an NCAA database promptly (within a day or two) upon receiving a signed LOI. Keeps other schools from recruiting a guy once he has signed. But that database is only accessible to schools, not general public. So, if Brooks already signed, word will get out when it’s leaked or he/UT announces.

I guess it was report or file not publish.... Thanks. The Hardy thing is coming back to me now.... Tried to hit us with tampering when it was not announced he had already signed and we kept pushing..

According to ncaa rules, the signed NLI must be filed by the school with the conference within 14 days of signing.

According to ncaa rules, the signed NLI must be filed by the school with the conference within 14 days of signing.

Thanks for a solid answer... That makes me wonder if he has signed and asked for it not to be filed until some level of clarification on Pruitt is out there. If not to his satisfaction to not file at all. Don't see why that would be illegal and easier than granting a release.

Filing it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s public.
A few years back a florida hoops player signed and it was at least a month Or longer later until it become public. I think it was jarnell stokes brother

Thanks for a solid answer... That makes me wonder if he has signed and asked for it not to be filed until some level of clarification on Pruitt is out there. If not to his satisfaction to not file at all. Don't see why that would be illegal and easier than granting a release.
Not how it works. If he has signed, it has to be registered into that database to keep other schools from unknowingly committing recruiting violations. It doesn't have to be announced, but it does have to be in the database so schools know not to contact a signed recruit.

Reactions: VolsFan-TX
Not how it works. If he has signed, it has to be registered into that database to keep other schools from unknowingly committing recruiting violations. It doesn't have to be announced, but it does have to be in the database so schools know not to contact a signed recruit.

I think that is what he said, It has to be registered within 14 days. I would assume from date of signing which could be from last Saturday at latest I think. If correct Till next Friday or Saturday. They do not have to register it at all. Could reject it for any reason, including gentleman's agreement I would think. The kid may well trust whoever he sent it to, to be a man of his word and send it back upon request.

I think that is what he said, It has to be registered within 14 days. I would assume from date of signing which could be from last Saturday at latest I think. If correct Till next Friday or Saturday. They do not have to register it at all. Could reject it for any reason, including gentleman's agreement I would think. The kid may well trust whoever he sent it to, to be a man of his word and send it back upon request.
The gentleman's agreement you're referring to would be an NCAA violation. That's what I'm trying to tell you. If Brooks isn't certain, he waits until February to sign. If he's signed an LOI, he's signed, and that has to be registered so other schools stop contacting him. There's not a middle ground. He's either signed or he hasn't, and if he has, it has to go into the database. It does not have to be revealed to the public, but it does have to be revealed to other schools. You're looking for a gray area in the rules where one doesn't exist.

There are reports that Brooks was listed on Jumbotron at Texas A&M game as signed along with other signees.

Filing it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s public.
A few years back a florida hoops player signed and it was at least a month Or longer later until it become public. I think it was jarnell stokes brother
But does mean that other schools can’t contact him. Word should leak out at that point.

VN Store

Back