Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm telling you, I think he will. I think he'll win a minimum of 8 games every year, and knock off some of the big 3. We've never hired a coach with a resume like Gus since we got into the debacle when CPF was shown the door. We'll play in Atlanta every 3-4 years, knock off Bama a few times, and be in CFP contention every now and again. After the **** show that has been Tennessee football the last 15 years, sign me the **** up. I'm tired of being a laughing stock. We have won 8 regular season games 2x in 13 years. I'll take that as the floor any day of the week.

Gus would technically be the best coach in 30 years that we would ever hired resume wise. Similar to Barnes in Basketball.

Only issue with Gus is his QB development. Good news is we have Bailey and Salter locked into Tennessee so Gus wouldn't have to worry about recruiting a QB for 2 years or so.

If Mims is part of this, they better be burning GA and Kirby down as well... the only thing that pisses me off about all of this is GA and AU are some of the worst cheaters and they never get caught, even though everyone and their grandmother knows they do it...
The NCAA rule effectively is that you can cheat, but just be discreet about it. If the rumors about Gray and/or Maurer getting credit cards to entertain recruits is true, that’s hardly discrete.

I think Matt Campbell makes ~3.5/yr, probably made more this year getting them into top 10 and big xii championship

Let's pony up 6m and get a guy that knows how to build a program.

At some point we have to put some money on the table for results

Not a chance.

Oh, look. Another John Adams literary masterpiece in the KNS criticizing UT.
The Adams hate has always been funny to me. I mean people essentially hate on him for not having nice things to say about the aesthetics of a sewage treatment plant.

If we were good and he wrote stuff like he does, then I’d get it.

When Hugh gets here, I’m going to implore him to ditch the visor. Worse piece of clothing in modern history. For when you don’t want the sun in your eyes but you do want your hair blowing in the wind. It’s such a stupid look.

Carry on.
I think the visor is why I have an irrational dislike for Gus Malzahn

Reactions: RiotVol and revjayp
Gus reminds me of Barnes
Freeze reminds me of Pearl
Kiffin is our toxic ex that we can’t get over even though they are the reason we are in purgatory.

If folks would think about it Gus is the fiotball version of Barnes. He would be the best hire by far.

Gus would technically be the best coach in 30 years that we would ever hired resume wise. Similar to Barnes in Basketball.

Only issue with Gus is his QB development. Good news is we have Bailey and Salter locked into Tennessee so Gus wouldn't have to worry about recruiting a QB for 2 years or so.
So how would he do with Arch M.?

When Hugh gets here, I’m going to implore him to ditch the visor. Worse piece of clothing in modern history. For when you don’t want the sun in your eyes but you do want your hair blowing in the wind. It’s such a stupid look.

Carry on.

I get itchy hat head so I prefer to wear a visor over a hat. When I go bald in 10 years, I’ll switch back to a hat.

The Adams hate has always been funny to me. I mean people essentially hate on him for not having nice things to say about the aesthetics of a sewage treatment plant.

If we were good and he wrote stuff like he does, then I’d get it.

I was at UT from 98-02, and he was writing critical pieces back then. It’s his thing.

What a joke. Another up and comer that will be fired 3 years later. This is why we might as well give Pruitt another year.
If you paid ANY attention whatsoever, we’d be very lucky to have Billy Napier.. there are bigger fish out there, yes but if this guy is our fallback option? We’re in a great spot

So how would he do with Arch M.?

I think Kiffin going to Ole Miss was the Manning’s assuring Arch would go there. By giving Kiffin 3 years to build a team that Arch can go to and play at granddad’s alma mater, Ole Miss QB prospects are going to look nice. Simply put, Archie and Eli were heavily involved on getting Ole Miss to pursue Kiffin who is a solid QB coach and developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back